Player Watch #27 Thomson Dow - signed to 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Good game. I expect he'll have another good game against Freo (who have a stacked midfield). Starting to show something. Makes a good pairing with Shai in the middle. Now we just need one of our bigger mids to not be injured.

Really liked his game, handballed a few to many times when he should have kicked the ball himself, but I think that’s from a bit of lack of belief in himself.

Cmon Karpy it's not about stats .lol
Really? Could’ve fooled some

I was obviously taking the piss out of some posters that aren’t happy unless players have 35 and kick 3

We just won 3 flags… a ton of injuries.. rebuilding under a brand new coach.

Surely as supporters of the club we are just looking for the kids and game plan to improve which Thompson is currently doing

Really? Could’ve fooled some

I was obviously taking the piss out of some posters that aren’t happy unless players have 35 and kick 3

We just won 3 flags… a ton of injuries.. rebuilding under a brand new coach.

Surely as supporters of the club we are just looking for the kids and game plan to improve which Thompson is currently doing
i know

This year he's had 1 good game a few bung average and the rest outright nothing games. As a 5th year 1st rounder he just doesn't do enough. He gets lost in the mix when we're at full strength and fails to step up when we really need him. He wouldn't get a game in any other teams midfield and he's kicked a lousy solitary goal in 25 games. When Prestia, Taranto are back I'd rather see him back in magoos and see Sonsie and Mcauliffe get games. Such a nothing player.

Last edited:
This year he's had 1 good game a few bung average and the rest outright nothing games. As a 5th year 1st rounder he just doesn't so enough. He gets lost in the mix when we're at full strength and fails to step up when we really need him. He wouldn't get a game in any other teams midfield and he's kicked a lousy solitary goal in 25 games. When Prestia, Taranto are back I'd rather see him back in magoos and see Sonsie and Mcauliffe get games. Such a nothing player.
At least he puts his head over it and fights for it. The other mids have not touched it. Freo are the no.1 clearance team in the comp, it was always going to be a slaughter around the ball with Dow, Baker, Sonsie, Pickett, Bolton. None of them get near a hard ball bar Dow. Haven't included Dusty because he is the only one linking up play, can't ask him to get the ball first as well.

At least he puts his head over it and fights for it. The other mids have not touched it. Freo are the no.1 clearance team in the comp, it was always going to be a slaughter around the ball with Dow, Baker, Sonsie, Pickett, Bolton. None of them get near a hard ball bar Dow. Haven't included Dusty because he is the only one linking up play, can't ask him to get the ball first as well.
My assessment wasn't on today alone, I'm talking about the whole year/ his whole career. If he was a FA nobody would want him, it's just cos he's another 1st rounder people are hoping he can finally amount to something. Half the time he's scared to kick the ball and handballs to teammates under the pump just to get rid of it. He's no good.

NGTMI as he's too light and slow. A player his size needs to be lightning quick . He's basically Aaron Fiora in concrete boots. I shouldn't have got sucked in that he'd make it as my original assessment was right. Fremantle second gamer looked a monster compared to him and midfielders just shrug past him too easily and why he misses so many tackles. He's a bust.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NGTMI as he's too light and slow. A player his size needs to be lightning quick . He's basically Aaron Fiora in concrete boots. I shouldn't have got sucked in that he'd make it as my original assessment was right. Fremantle second gamer looked a monster compared to him and midfielders just shrug past him too easily and why he misses so many tackles. He's a bust.
He’s unbelievably light. Gets pushed off the ball way too easy.

I'd rather put Mcaullife in, Dow is so ineffective in the team. Does no damage when he gets the ball.
Na Mcaullife isn’t ready to be thrown to the wolves with our current out

Want him in the side but he will still need to be protected and having him play the role as the sole inside mid in his first year is just setting him up to fail and destroy confidence

This year he's had 1 good game a few bung average and the rest outright nothing games. As a 5th year 1st rounder he just doesn't do enough. He gets lost in the mix when we're at full strength and fails to step up when we really need him. He wouldn't get a game in any other teams midfield and he's kicked a lousy solitary goal in 25 games. When Prestia, Taranto are back I'd rather see him back in magoos and see Sonsie and Mcauliffe get games. Such a nothing player.
5th year at the club , 6 months into his development .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back