Past #27: Will Walker - delisted end '21 - 6 NM games/4 NM goals - go well Walks

Remove this Banner Ad

This selection has me intrigued. Appears to have so much upside and is armed with footy nous, ball winning ability and pace galore. I look forward to seeing him develop next year.

Kind reminds me a little of that knob Picken....only quicker.

I really like this pick.

From his highlights he seems to move well, have clean hands, agility and great spatial awareness.

The upside could be huge.

Given he has chopped and changed between soccer(football) and AFL, he probably does not have the same footy nous and game sense that many of his peers do.
Yet he was pretty consistent throughout the TAC Cup, and even had the odd dominant game too, based almost entirely on his athletic ability and attributes.

He is raw, and it is a bit of a risk, but I think the rewards could be massive.

Think I'm probably one of the only ones that mentioned him as a player we should target. Admittedly, I thought he would still be on the table with our 3rd pick.

Anyway, I like him and glad he's on our list.

I think i'm the one of the only ones remembered you said and trusted you

I reckon you guys did really well in the draft. Walker hasn;t been exposed to footy for that long and has already shown dominant trats. You can't train the kind of explosiveness that he has. He has the size and nous around goals to be a real threat. Of course he needs to improve his decision making a little bit. However he has all the tools to be a really solid AFL midfielder. Intertestingly Hayden is very simmilar player too. Has the same level of explosiveness and size. Bothe can be absolute bulls in the future. Reckon you guys aso adressed the speed/explosiveness gap in your midfield. Overall thought you guys did really well.

I reckon you guys did really well in the draft. Walker hasn;t been exposed to footy for that long and has already shown dominant trats. You can't train the kind of explosiveness that he has. He has the size and nous around goals to be a real threat. Of course he needs to improve his decision making a little bit. However he has all the tools to be a really solid AFL midfielder. Intertestingly Hayden is very simmilar player too. Has the same level of explosiveness and size. Bothe can be absolute bulls in the future. Reckon you guys aso adressed the speed/explosiveness gap in your midfield. Overall thought you guys did really well.
Agree. all these kids could be good. it will be interesting to see how quickly they can develop.

Its just the type of selections seem different to what you guys go for genreally and I despite what other say both have the contested game to be very good.

New chief recruiter this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its just the type of selections seem different to what you guys go for genreally and I despite what other say both have the contested game to be very good.
i have always said that u just cant pick up the next available best player in the draft... a club actually has to pick players on an as "needs basis" which is what North have done. We need speed and bigger type midfielders and we have addressed this in spades at this years draft.

DPmjdsWUQAEWKLD.jpg

He’s about to get introduced to a barbell for the first time.

I’m sure he will get a fair bit of stick for the first couple of months

Lots of development there. One thing with soccer players is that when they move over to footy thay are generally fairly good at mixong things up with the kicking, looking for kicks that ain't usually there for a non-soccer player. Reckon we will be pleasantly surprised with his skills in a year or two.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back