Past #27: Will Walker - delisted end '21 - 6 NM games/4 NM goals - go well Walks

Remove this Banner Ad

23905330_10155389067161843_1934131208567780585_n.jpg

Walker should really try and avoid pics with Hayden in the shot.

The name William Walker rang a bell so I've been doing a bit of research and there's quite a bit more to him than has so far been reported in the mainstream press. I'm sure it would be all out there if he was picked by Collingwood.

He was President of Nicaragua during the preseason and early rounds of 1854 before a mid-season slump saw him overrun by most of Central America and running away. His first comeback in 1860 was cut short when he landed on the beaches of Honduras and was caught and shot by firing squad. He wasn't moving well when I visited his grave 20 years ago although you could see his potential to get in-and-under.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Walker_(filibuster)

To get drafted at #23 caps off a remarkable and heartwarming comeback.
Welcome Pres.

Last edited:
The name William Walker rang a bell so I've been doing a bit of research and there's quite a bit more to him than has so far been reported in the mainstream press. I'm sure it would be all out there if he was picked by Collingwood.

He was President of Nicaragua during the preseason and early rounds of 1854 before a mid-season slump saw him overrun by most of Central America and running away. His first comeback in 1860 was cut short when he landed on the beaches of Honduras and was caught and shot by firing squad. He wasn't moving well when I visited his grave 20 years ago although you could see his potential to get in-and-under.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Walker_(filibuster)

To get drafted at #23 caps off a remarkable and heartwarming comeback.
Welcome Pres.
"hitting Walker in his pantaloons and his thigh" lol

Pretty positive comments from Glenn Luff on North Talk regarding Walker.

Said that he rated him around Pick 20 on his rankings, but as the other draft "experts" did not like him as much, they dropped him down to around Pick 35.

Also mentioned that he finished his TAC Cup season with 8 games out of 11 topping 100 ranking points, and that those are similar numbers to Bontempelli in his draft year, where he came bolting up the rankings late.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks pretty soft on first impression, kind of looks like he belongs on the Big Bang theory tbh, but seems like he's got a bit of skill to him. Still think we could of taken a better option at 23 but would love to be proven wrong.

Not worried, bottom age transfer from soccer who is quick, has endurance and decent skills already.

Has a fair frame and the body will fill out with age and the AFL system.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back