Club History 28 Games- The Rise of the Baby Bombers on FOX FOOTY

Remove this Banner Ad

I was at the game against Fitzroy that year; it was in fact the night I became a Dons supporter. An incredible, classic 1990s game of free wheeling attacking football in front of a huge crowd and, 25 years later, it remains in my top five favourite Essendon games attended. Maybe there is a touch of nostalgia about it, but it really was a cracker. 129-125, with us being lucky enough to be the side in front when the siren went; it was just that sort of game.

Also something of a sliding door (**** off Barrett) moment for me as a football supporter; I was a young kid and I suspect I might have decided to follow the Roys instead of Essendon had they won that night. As it was, we won by four points and in my first year as a supporter I got to see a flag; meanwhile, three years later the Roys were no more.

Hey Doss, have you heard the podcast about 1993 and in particular the episode about that match? I have it dvd and will re watch it in the off season (but the jist of it was crossed phone lines between the coaches boxes...)

Hey Doss, have you heard the podcast about 1993 and in particular the episode about that match? I have it dvd and will re watch it in the off season (but the jist of it was crossed phone lines between the coaches boxes...)
I have not - I would like to hear it though, sounds intriguing. I have come across extended highlights of that game though, would encourage everyone to watch them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back