Player Watch #28: Kayne Turner - re-signed until end 2020

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Butcher

Team Captain
Mar 8, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yeah, and stints on ball. No law says he must be towards the end of our chains. Hope Brad remembers that. Look at the early pages of this thread, a versatile inside mid.. albeit he was 12yrs old. who knows he could have been our Selwood.

CharlieMortdecai

Premiership Player
Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
To all the nay sayers this guy give his all week in and week out. Currently standing at Equal 7th in the AFL for goal assists.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I think that stat is score assists.
I think he's one of many blokes who could be refreshed with a new coach looking at him without preconceptions. A la Wellsy after Laidley funnily enough.

Heaps of fun

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Would love him to be tried as a Tagger till BJ gets fit.

Would be a pest and make those on ballers earn every touch
The best taggers are usually big-bodied players. Imagine Kayne going shoulder to shoulder with Wines, Cripps, Dangerfield etc from a standing starting. He'd be ragdolled.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Devington

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
IMO played a more than solid game tonight. Overall has had an OK patch the last few weeks.

Not sure if it does anything to the stat sheet, but his ability to contest an aerial 2 on 1 and not be marked against is elite, as is his follow up on the ground.

Page8383

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 6, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Turner is a strange one
Frustrates so often but his 1%ers and 2nd efforts are a commodity for us.
Would like to see him as a lock down defender to take out those small forwards that crush us so often.

Then even if Kayne isnt getting a lot of the ball if his opponent is not making an impact Kaynes role in the team is so much more valuable than what it is at the moment (ie negligible impact)

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Top Bottom