Delisted #28: Mitch Brown - Retired - 20/9/22

Remove this Banner Ad

Better still.

Cut both of them.
Considering the latter just played his best game in years and also has a year to run on his contract, a strange comment at best.

On Brown, I'd broadly agree that after this season, the rookie list option may need to be looked at.

You don't want a player to play well? How odd.
No, I think meant "a thought".

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Someone, I think it was yaco55, queried whether Brown would be on the list next year because of his physical frailty.

I have no doubt that he's AFL standard at least as depth at both ends if the ground.

Whether it is worth persisting remains to be seen. He's not even close to getting through a season uninjured and now he has a 4 week calf? That's in old man's injury.

Putting aside that our coaches have vastly overrated his ability, I'd be transferring him to the rookie list at this rate. He makes David Myers seem durable.

My guess is it's unlikely Brown will be on the list in 2019 - Especially if Zerk-Thatcher, Francis and Ridley come along as expected.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Played forward yesterday and genuinely busts his arse. At one point Boyse was in the clear with no one breaking free for him, Brown steps up and busts his arse doubling back into open space only for the kick to miss the target and go out on the full.

Much has been made about him on our list in 2019, with the lack of forward options, if may very well come down to Brown v McKernan for that insurance role/back up forward. With McKernan's ruck ability may squeeze Browny out. Still. The bloke has been a servant for us and in his journey across the AFL over the years. A true testament to the fella.

412l.gif

My guess is it's unlikely Brown will be on the list in 2019 - Especially if Zerk-Thatcher, Francis and Ridley come along as expected.

I think this may be the case mainly because he is always injured at some stage of the season. Even more so if Francis finds the same form in the firsts i the second half of the year.

Reckon Stewart was better at AFL level last week than Mitch was in the VFL last week. For the only forced change, just seems a very strange one.
When you compare Brown's two weeks prior to that with Stewart's two weeks prior to that, though...

I'm not sold that Brown is a great selection but I can see how it came about.

When you compare Brown's two weeks prior to that with Stewart's two weeks prior to that, though...

I'm not sold that Brown is a great selection but I can see how it came about.

Totally agree, that’s what I mean with the strange timing though... seems odd the week Brown has a stinker (after stringing a couple of good ones together), this is the week we bring him in.

Totally agree, that’s what I mean with the strange timing though... seems odd the week Brown has a stinker (after stringing a couple of good ones together), this is the week we bring him in.
Perhaps that was more about not wanting to change up a winning team too much. Not sure.

Stewart's done himself no favours though, as much as I do like him.

Perhaps that was more about not wanting to change up a winning team too much. Not sure.

Stewart's done himself no favours though, as much as I do like him.

Yeah big chance.

I’m sort of glad they did it, I think after a 12 goal loss one or two players should be dropped. Even though I think Stewart’s a far better player

Remove this Banner Ad

Back