Past #28: Will Sierakowski - acquired in exchange for pick 58 in 2011 - delisted at end of 2013 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: I think Will deserves his own thread.

Nice size too. Somewhere around the old 6'1-6'2 mark. Good for a defensive flanker.

I really hope this works out butttt we have been burnt by the Hawks in the past :)

As long as we don't see a 2015 headline "Pick 58 from the '11 draft wins Norm Smith Medal" or some such over the next 4-6 years AND as long as Will doesn't turn out to have leprosy or some other long term debilitating condition then I look forward to him making an improvement to our line up :)

Perhaps that is so, but Hawthorns depth is nothing to write home about.

I think this came down to money, and Hawthorn are under the pump.

It's OK to swallow some pride and admit we took a guy who was a chance to be delisted. He has great potential, they just don't need him.

I really hope this works out butttt we have been burnt by the Hawks in the past :)

As long as we don't see a 2015 headline "Pick 58 from the '11 draft wins Norm Smith Medal" or some such over the next 4-6 years AND as long as Will doesn't turn out to have leprosy or some other long term debilitating condition then I look forward to him making an improvement to our line up :)

Only one club can be burnt in this situation and it's certainly not us.

Just remember this is the same club that traded away Kennedy and McGlynn for peanuts.

Perhaps that is so, but Hawthorns depth is nothing to write home about.

I think this came down to money, and Hawthorn are under the pump.

Suckling, Hodge, Young, Murphy, Savage & Shiels (at least) would all be ahead of Sirra for a HB/MID spot.

How are the Hawks under the financial hammer? Who's commanding their cash after Franklin, Mitchell & Hodge? Roughead & Burgoyne?

It's OK to swallow some pride and admit we took a guy who was a chance to be delisted. He has great potential, they just don't need him.

:thumbsu:

He is a scrapheap acquisition. No doubt about it. But he's on the scrapheap in the first place because the Hawks have seven blokes ahead of him in his position.

Wish we kept him but then again he would have been starved of an opportunity. Good trade for both clubs.

He's a promising young player and as you can see he has a brilliant left hoof. See him more as a flanker then a midfielder but could very well slot on a wing.

Hope he has a good career with you guys because he certainly deserves it. Sierra can certainly play.

Wish we kept him but then again he would have been starved of an opportunity. Good trade for both clubs.

He's a promising young player and as you can see he has a brilliant left hoof. See him more as a flanker then a midfielder but could very well slot on a wing.

Hope he has a good career with you guys because he certainly deserves it. Sierra can certainly play.

cheers for that. We certainly can use a bit of Polish on the list. :p

-1 for 'the who' nickname :thumbsdown:

Looks slow within the first 3 - 4 steps, and his right foot is only a get out of trouble kick, depth player who could easily play round 1 and get 15 games for the year, worth persisting with.
As for nicks how about 'the kow' or 'the big' as in big lebowski.

Even so, if we used pick 58 ourselves, there's no guarantee that we'd select the same player as the hawks, and there would have been 57 picks prior that should have picked him up.

The kid has just come off the rookie list, how muck could we possibly get burnt??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good pick up for you guys. He got close to playing a couple of times during the year but was just unlucky that we didn't really have a free spot for the role he plays. Really hope he can land a full time spot in your best 22 and have an impact. Has great disposal and footy smarts about him.

Also, if you are after a nickname, Lukey Lowden (Young hawk ruckman) dubs him Mr Bean :p

HawthornFC just tweeted that it's pronounced Serra-kos-ki

In that case I vote for a nickname of "Special K", as in "K Serra-Serra". :D

Welcome to the club, and (being SUPER picky here) more long driving left foot kicks going forward, and less chippy spot-up kicks out to the flanks please. The chippy kicks remind me of Sam Power, and that's not a place I want to go anytime soon.............

If he steps up then he adds what the team needs without disrupting our list, win/ win. Welcome Will, hope you make the most of the opportunity.

In that case I vote for a nickname of "Special K", as in "K Serra-Serra". :D

Welcome to the club, and (being SUPER picky here) more long driving left foot kicks going forward, and less chippy spot-up kicks out to the flanks please. The chippy kicks remind me of Sam Power, and that's not a place I want to go anytime soon.............

Whatever Will be Will be

Exactly DP. We paid more for Richo than what we did Will but because he doesn't play for NB or Werribee people see it as a poor trade because the don't know who he is, which is a pretty weird way to judge a player.

Very good pick up for you guys. I'm sorry to see him go, you can't have too many good left foot kicks in your team. It isn't just his kicking though, he invariably picks the right target, clever footballer.

I'm not sure what Teffy is on about with the salary cap issue, he would have been on very small dollars had HFC chosen to elevate him. The difference between his salary and a 3rd rd draft pick's salary wouldn't be a massive amount of money.

Good luck, I hope this trade works out for you guys, he is a good kid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back