Senior 3. Brandan Parfitt (2017-)

Remove this Banner Ad

Grubby tactics... plenty would say flooding is used to compensate for a lack of talent.Holding the man to prevent his speed running away from you. Tagging. 2 on 1 to stop a dominant forward. In fact most tactics are negative not positive. Delladova in NBA upset plenty because he didn't play to some sort of preconceived idea of respecting the talent.If someone cant win on talent is it your philosophy that they should just play out and lose? I think this go's against the normal human condition. Why have a game , we may as well have a Combine , who can jump the highest and run the quickest.

Grubby is kneeing, pinching, elbowing heads into goalposts etc.......

Based on what???
Club article talking him up as being a standout on the track in match simulation drills. Getting to the right spots reading the play accumulating lots of the ball. Being referred to as a ball magnet.

Can't do much more at such an early stage.

At this point I would rather keep parfitt then have mediocre caddy back.

Actually sounds the opposite of caddy, he knows how to find his own footy and read the play, something caddy couldn't do well

Oh if only there was some kind of easily memorised and oft-repeated mantra that indicated the clubs traditional stance on the matter - "We play the game as it should be played" or something along those lines.

But there is Landgraft, there is.
Considering the recent conversation on this thread, I like this motto.

wyeBJ4z.png

Club article talking him up as being a standout on the track in match simulation drills. Getting to the right spots reading the play accumulating lots of the ball. Being referred to as a ball magnet.

Can't do much more at such an early stage.

At this point I would rather keep parfitt then have mediocre caddy back.

Actually sounds the opposite of caddy, he knows how to find his own footy and read the play, something caddy couldn't do well
Ha, yeah because it's extremely rare for the club to run a puff piece on their own players...

Just as it is ridiculous to write a player off on draft night, it is just as ridiculous to claim some sort of trade/draft win based on a December article on the club website.

Ha, yeah because it's extremely rare for the club to run a puff piece on their own players...

Just as it is ridiculous to write a player off on draft night, it is just as ridiculous to claim some sort of trade/draft win based on a December article on the club website.
I didn't say it's a win I said at this very early stage it's looking like one. Can only judge what has happened till now. The kid couldn't have done much more than the sort of praises his gotten.

So far I like what I have seen and heard more than what caddy provided, which was underachievement

Good to hear Parfitt is making a strong impression so far in his first pre-season with the Cats!

Love hearing a player early in their career already looks like they run into the right spots, win their own ball + seem to always have time when the ball is in their hands.

One thing I'm sure Parfitt & the Cats will make sure he works on is his ball use though, judging by his highlights his handballs were usually fine but definitely needs to work on his kicking under pressure but that'll come with experience.

Can't wait to see him possibly NAB 1 (not saying JLT ugh) and if he manages to make his debut Round 1 then congrats to him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have a great feeling about this kid. It's irrational and illogical, but hope is a wonderful thing. I like what I see. I think he has what it takes to be a gun.
I like the combination of Cockatoo and Parfitt. Both clean cut boys, really hard workers who are keen. This is another reason why he was drafted. For another team, he might be rated 35, but when put with a mate who has a synergy with him, his performance will increase and to us, that means 26. Likewise, having a friend, a member of his community with him will keep Cockatoo in GFC when the big dollars get thrown at him long term by Carlton and Richmond.

His first name is spelt 'Brandan' as per his social media accounts (despite GFC website's incorrectly spelling), can we have the thread title updated?

His first name is spelt 'Brandan' as per his social media accounts (despite GFC website's incorrectly spelling), can we have the thread title updated?

Consider it done. :)

Bloody favoritism!!!!:p

I asked for Esava Ratugolea's name in the thread title to be corrected back in November and December last year.
No response.

Can we edit the title of the thread and spell his name correctly?

Dear Mods, can we please pay this kid enough respect to at least spell Esava's name correctly in the thread title?

Also there was someone who disputed Esavas weight at 95 Kg and 194cm. I cannot recall where the post was now. But I asked Esava what his height and weight were and his response was "Mate im 97kg and 195cm tall". That puts him at roughly the same dimensions as Cam Mooney in the height of his playing days.

Last edited:
Bloody favoritism!!!!:p

I asked for Esava Ratugolea's name in the thread title to be corrected back in November and December last year.
No response.
I thought it got corrected...

I remember your posts...:oops:

EDIT - done. :oops::oops:

GO Catters

I thought it got corrected...

I remember your posts...:oops:

EDIT - done. :oops::oops:

GO Catters

Ta Daz. It was bad enough putting up with all those posts about Jarrad Jenson a few years ago.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back