Traded #3: Scott Gumbleton - Traded to Fremantle for pick 55

Remove this Banner Ad

can't say I'm particularly distraught.... but it is a little sad to see the big fella go. best of luck to you Gumby.

Sad to see Gumby go, could of been handy for us in 2014.

Would love to see him tear it up next year, even against us.

High profile divorce between him and Jobey!

Shows the club is less than optimistic about the health of his back. Looked very hindered most of the time in the past couple of years. Back surgery is a bastard and most of the time results seem less predictable than other parts of the body. Serious talent. Stayed with us last year for unders as he wanted to give back to the club if he came good (even though we all know clubs only keep players for the clubs interest). All the best Gumby I enjoyed briefly seeing you in the no 3 hopefully the Freo beaches do wonders for your back.

I really hope he does well, even though it will hurt seeing him play for another club. He deserves some good luck after the horrible run he's had.

Best wishes Gumby, and please for gods sake don't kick the winning goal against us in a final! ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lots of love from Essendon players in twitter for Gumby, must've been a ripper bloke at the club!

Lots of love from Essendon players in twitter for Gumby, must've been a ripper bloke at the club!

Clearly very popular bloke

but but but the guummmmbbllleeeetrain :( we want even use the pick we got for him will we? on afl.com said we didnt even have a contract for him

It's our 2nd pick

I initially thought so too, but on further analysis you've only done okay, with your only proven wins IMO in yellow, and they were all recruited by #24, well ahead of the #37 in question. Obviously the newer guys need time though.

View attachment 34004

Since this is our thread here's ours too:

View attachment 34006

Ah but there is one tiny problem... You forgot the rookie picks freo got in that period... Matt De boer, Clancee Pearce and greg broughton (now at gold coast) in 2008, Barlow and Silvagni in 2009 as well.

Jade has finally lost the plot completely.

Not that I'm exactly jumping for joy, either. Very sorry to see him go.

All sanctions and no Gumby makes Jade something something......

Remove this Banner Ad

Back