Player Watch #30: Charlie Comben

Remove this Banner Ad

Harry jones has a fantastic contested mark and can take a decent leap.
Basically Ess replacement for Joey D and it seems to be working well for them so far.
Hope Comben can be a similar player for us but we wont know until he gets his body right.
So many crucial body injuries at a young age has me worried; especially when he starts taking hits and bumps from rough defenders.

Basically Ess replacement for Joey D and it seems to be working well for them so far.
Hope Comben can be a similar player for us but we wont know until he gets his body right.
So many crucial body injuries at a young age has me worried; especially when he starts taking hits and bumps from rough defenders.

Hope he can do a Taz and get over lots of set backs to be a fine player. I think he'll be given lots of time as seems to have the talent

“Joey D”…….but too friendly for a toe rag from Tullamarine.

Joe Daniher is a great player to bring up now, because the hype train around Jones is almost exactly the same as the one Daniher got 7-8 years ago. This is just what happens to Essendon players. Ok is great, good is all australian, and great is greatest of all time. Now that Joe Daniher is at a different club and he doesn't have the sparkle of youth on him anymore, he's rightly seen as a pretty good player who can play his role well, and that's about it. Our players will always be lower rated for the same output, maybe it's because the AFL media is afraid of what will happen if Essendon supporters give up and tune out en masse, I'm not sure. But I hope it continues! They end up paying average players huge money and they continue to not get anywhere as a football club. Just look at how much hype they're getting right now, regularly called "the most watchable/exciting team in the comp" by supposedly neutral commentators, yet they can't even crack the 8 in a year where it's anyone's for the taking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back