Past #32: Mason Wood - 65 NM games/76 NM goals - delisted end '20 - SSP selection for STK '21 - GL Mase

Remove this Banner Ad

1355463131_deer-in-the-headlights.png

Enigmatic best way to describe him
Enigmatic footballers will always be frustrating
Will go missing for large periods of the game and just when you’re about to write him off will kick clutch goals at crucial stages of a game
Too much talent to leave out of the team

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Enigmatic is not how I'd describe him...

Aaron Black 2.0

Will be lucky to be getting a game by this time next season if he doesn't do something.

Maybe he is injured. Or maybe he has some other excuse. But Mason's output has been unacceptable for a long time now.
That's harsh on Aaron.

no its not, birds of a feather.

Aaron was played in the wrong position for his entire North career. NEVER exhibited the required overhead marking ability. He should have been a defender.

Might need to play him deep forward one game just so he gets plenty of looks and doesn’t get lost up the ground

Gets a bit of confidence then move him back to chf

He should play deep forward with Ziebs and Brown should be doing the hit up work.

Too tall to crumb the loose ball from forward contests? Reckon he is mobile enough to get it done. He can kick goals under heat.

Elite means you're in the top tier of your position. Brown is there for forwards. Cunnington is a level below Fyfe, Dangerfield, Kelly, Martin, Cripps etc.
Ahaha your kidding yourself if you don’t think Cunnington is elite I’ll keep you updated with he’s elite stats not home atm.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's harsh on Aaron.

Aaron was played in the wrong position for his entire North career. NEVER exhibited the required overhead marking ability. He should have been a defender.
Unpopular opinion, and I'll get screamed down because I really liked Aaron, but Mason has never shown me as much as Black did.

His big goal games he generally gets cheapies in red time and is as one dimensional as you'll find on a footy oval. Black at least had a trick bag and great work ethic, was played out of position and playing him injured wrecked him.

Mason is being played in the correct position and is still lazy and refuses to chase, and when he does get it (about 5 times per game) theres about a 50% chance he will * it up in a way you've never seen before. We basically play 1 down when he's out there.

Have it on good authority that he cannot read the game, has NFI about positioning. He should be played on the wing where he can use his best attributes of pace and aerobic capacity to best advantage.

He has an aerobic advantage?

He looked blown up when I saw him live last year; my mental image of Wood is puffing with hands on hips

He has an aerobic advantage?

He looked blown up when I saw him live last year; my mental image of Wood is puffing with hands on hips
Oh lol, that'd be Mrs.Wood :-D

Have it on good authority that he cannot read the game, has NFI about positioning. He should be played on the wing where he can use his best attributes of pace and aerobic capacity to best advantage.

That would go some way to explaining why he is everywhere the ball isn't for such large parts of the game.

That would go some way to explaining why he is everywhere the ball isn't for such large parts of the game.
hahahahaha he grew up playing brandy or dodgeball or whatever its called

Remove this Banner Ad

Back