Player Watch #33: Kamdyn McIntosh - signed until 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Hang on...

We got decimated by injuries & he went down back to fill a need (and did quite well).

Many on here had called for it, and he played much of his junior career off s half flank.

However Dimma hadn't played him there by choice, he had exclusively been used on a wing.

Not a DH fanboy by any means, but let's keep things mildly in line with the non-computer reality.
Mate, I can half agree, but Hardwick was tossing up excuses left right and centre and tossing everyone to half back early on.
For the first six games we had Vlastuin and Houli together who have been our half back flankers for, what, three or four years. But he had Lennon down there, CEllis down there, McIntosh?
And for weeks he was bemoaning the fact we didn't have Conca down there. Ask the question .. outside his first few games ... how many times did Conca play down back in his career? Second question: How many of Conca's six games this year were played in defence? Zero! Hradwick has so many people conned, yet his contradictory statements are so easily picked apart.
We talk about needing a big bodied mid and we have one staring at us who can break the lines with his pace. The coach doesn't know his team very well.
I would suggest McIntosh was no more that serviceable off half back but that didn't stop our Dimma beating his chest suggesting "I think we've found one (a defender) in Kam McIntosh."

I actually looked up Kamdyns draft notes last night, pre-draft. He was listed as a shut-down defender, with good endurance, good by foot and showing promise on the offensive side of his game.

Mate, I can half agree, but Hardwick was tossing up excuses left right and centre and tossing everyone to half back early on.
For the first six games we had Vlastuin and Houli together who have been our half back flankers for, what, three or four years. But he had Lennon down there, CEllis down there, McIntosh?
And for weeks he was bemoaning the fact we didn't have Conca down there. Ask the question .. outside his first few games ... how many times did Conca play down back in his career? Second question: How many of Conca's six games this year were played in defence? Zero! Hradwick has so many people conned, yet his contradictory statements are so easily picked apart.
We talk about needing a big bodied mid and we have one staring at us who can break the lines with his pace. The coach doesn't know his team very well.
I would suggest McIntosh was no more that serviceable off half back but that didn't stop our Dimma beating his chest suggesting "I think we've found one (a defender) in Kam McIntosh."

I get the jist, although Kamdyn as an example doesn't fit the narrative.

Personally, if he can add accountability and lock down Gunston types from time to time, that makes him a much more valuable player in addition to running through the middle.

We have lots of mids who can go forward, but not a lot who can accountably go back.

Kamdyn :rainbow::rainbow:

Love macca. Great skill, speed and hardness. Get him and Yarran on the wing and half back respectively and move vlas into the middle with Prestia with darling hopefully up forward and we'll be a much better team. Looking forward to a bulkier C Ellis coming back too. Has class all over him. But Goldust says he's rubbish. What a DC LOL

I get the jist, although Kamdyn as an example doesn't fit the narrative.

Personally, if he can add accountability and lock down Gunston types from time to time, that makes him a much more valuable player in addition to running through the middle.

We have lots of mids who can go forward, but not a lot who can accountably go back.

Kamdyn :rainbow::rainbow:

He was rubbish in defence. It's either wing or inside mid for Kamdyn.

His disposal is suspect, but I reckon it's because he is kicking while running at full tilt and he doesn't give himself any time to slow down and steady, which is fine with me because Brandon Ellis was like that and he got coached to slow down and steady and he took it almost literally to the point where he stops and kicks backwards.

Big bodied mids win heaps of contested ball. He does not play inside he is very outside when in the midfield.
I would argue we have plenty of blokes who can play on the wings. Menadue, Markov, Deledio for starters.
We dont have one capable third tall who can provide heaps of run rebound and actually defend. We have Grimes who's primary role has been to play on smaller types.Then there is the slow and undersized Batchelor.
McIntosh at 193cm and with his history of playing in defence should be developed as the third tall. Some of us actually thought that in time he could become a decent kpd.
The majority of his games weather in defense or on a wing have been largely ordinary imo, he has a lot of developing to go in what ever role the club decides to play him in..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big bodied mids win heaps of contested ball. He does not play inside he is very outside when in the midfield.
I would argue we have plenty of blokes who can play on the wings. Menadue, Markov, Deledio for starters.
We dont have one capable third tall who can provide heaps of run rebound and actually defend. We have Grimes who's primary role has been to play on smaller types.Then there is the slow and undersized Batchelor.
McIntosh at 193cm and with his history of playing in defence should be developed as the third tall. Some of us actually thought that in time he could become a decent kpd.
The majority of his games weather in defense or on a wing have been largely ordinary imo, he has a lot of developing to go in what ever role the club decides to play him in..

How is Deledio going to play on the wings for us when he plays with another club ? Lol

Not one to bag players but I do question his worth to the side. I would rather Markov in his slot and Miles/Lloyd in the team. McIntosh seems to panic with the footy, classic two touch player. That being said he is still learning and definitely has potential. If he refines his decision making and nails down the game plan he could be very good. Just skeptical on what I've seen so far.

Not one to bag players but I do question his worth to the side. I would rather Markov in his slot and Miles/Lloyd in the team. McIntosh seems to panic with the footy, classic two touch player. That being said he is still learning and definitely has potential. If he refines his decision making and nails down the game plan he could be very good. Just skeptical on what I've seen so far.
Watch tonight's game...his one handed pick up, punches to advantage, tackles

First half he was in our best 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back