Past 34. Sam Philp

Remove this Banner Ad

Fast. Aggressive. Has multiple efforts in him. Can kick a goal. Attitude? - We'll see.
Not too bad a platform to launch from.

Interesting to see how he's to be utilised in his first game.
Pretty sure attitude is spot on. Didnt make the squad for the U18 carnival and didnt let it affect him, worked his butt off, started dominating games and became a 1st round pick

I don’t take too much notice of statistics but this guy’s run in the best players in the TAC Cup was awe inspiring.

Robbo wore the number 34 for Carlton Colts for 8 seasons because of my hero. It looks like I have to purchase a new jumper now. Do that number 34 proud.

While I’m at it. Get Robbo to present the jumper. And if he’s not available I am free on Saturday night.

Pretty sure attitude is spot on. Didnt make the squad for the U18 carnival and didnt let it affect him, worked his butt off, started dominating games and became a 1st round pick
Exactly. He is an explosive, competitive beast. Needs to refine a few things but has plenty going for him. Very exciting prospect.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am thrilled Sam gets his chance this weekend, and excited to see how he goes out there.

Will give everything he's got. And I have a feeling it won't be long before you all love him as much as I do.

Kid can seriously play, and if he brings his strengths he can have an immediate impact out there.

Good luck Sammy. Give 'em hell.

Been out of the loop tonight (family commitments) and I just saw the the clip of Coach Teague announcing to the playing group that Sammy P would be making his debut for the Baggers this week, and I am not ashamed to admit that i cried like a sap.

It was a beautiful, touching moment, sometimes it's easy to forget these young men who play for our club are human beings with feelings as well, seeing the lads applaud and be delighted for an proud, but emotional Sam Philp, well it's been a heavy week emotionally for me, and this made me feel so happy and proud to be a Blue Bagger.

I love coach Teague, hope he coaches us for 10 years plus. I LOVE CARLTON FC X

Best of luck to Sammy Boy on his debut, he has earned it and I could not be prouder of the lad :)

Been out of the loop tonight (family commitments) and I just saw the the clip of Coach Teague announcing to the playing group that Sammy P would be making his debut for the Baggers this week, and I am not ashamed to admit that i cried like a sap.

It was a beautiful, touching moment, sometimes it's easy to forget these young men who play for our club are human beings with feelings as well, seeing the lads applaud and be delighted for an proud, but emotional Sam Philp, well it's been a heavy week emotionally for me, and this made me feel so happy and proud to be a Blue Bagger.

I love coach Teague, hope he coaches us for 10 years plus. I LOVE CARLTON FC X

Best of luck to Sammy Boy on his debut, he has earned it and I could not be prouder of the lad :)
Love the passion

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Love the passion

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Reached a point in my life (40) where I look upon the players as a surrogate family, and I reckon being named for his first AFL game would have to be one of the happiest/proudest moments in Sammy's young life.

Just loved the way David Teague announced it as well, not a lot of fanfare or words, but the manner in which he announced it speaks volumes on what a great communicator he is, and the brotherhood spirit at the club at the moment.

They all mocked us for picking him up. Looks a SOS special considering hes already getting games and showing something.

Out of curiosity, what is a 'SOS special'?

To be honest, if you had to define a unique 'SOS' pick, wouldn't it be an ex-GWS player with a bad injury history, who we got for a bag of chips in a back-room super-secret handshake deal with his former club?

I hope he's the complete opposite - certainly seems to have some good attributes and has played well in the wide open spaces of 12-v-12 scratch matches, so good luck to the boy!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back