Delisted #37: Dylan Clarke - End of the road, will not be offered a list spot in 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

have you seen any improvement at all in his kicking to suggest he will get there or not really?
His kicking technique is terrible but as a pure extractor it won't matter if his hands in tight are good enough.

25 possessions
5 kicks (20m short passes or clearances)
20 handballs
6 clearances
5 Tackles

Thats all we need from him to be a quality player at AFL level

For those that watch him closely in VFL Is he any chance at all of going past Myers and/or Langford as our go to big body mid this year?

Except Priddis is a far better kick.

Sent from my F3115 using Tapatalk
Not really. Clarke's kicking is poor but so is Priddis'. Then again, for some reason Priddis was a very good set shot as well, so.

Not really. Clarke's kicking is poor but so is Priddis'. Then again, for some reason Priddis was a very good set shot as well, so.
Really. Priddis could hit targets as long as he didn't go for too much. He knew his limitations and was faiy accurate over short distances. Clarke's kicking is deplorable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really. Priddis could hit targets as long as he didn't go for too much. He knew his limitations and was faiy accurate over short distances. Clarke's kicking is deplorable.

Is Clarke’s kicking poor because he’s under pressure, trying to do too much for his ability, or is it just generally poor all the time?

Priddis and Jobe were both very average kicks but so long as they were elite at winning clearances and releasing the handball to advantage their kicking wasn’t that bad if they kept them short and simple.

Hopefully we see more of Clarke as an inside mid at VFL level this year to see how he goes, we have a number of great kicks in the team that having a bulldozer inside mid could release via hand - if he’s good enough at the in and under aspect.

Is Clarke’s kicking poor because he’s under pressure, trying to do too much for his ability, or is it just generally poor all the time?

It's poor all the time from what I saw in the VFL. Not even a VFL standard kick, which is a real shame because I really like him as a overall player. There were 2 or 3 games from memory where he didn't have an effective kick the whole game.

Anyone see him in the practice match on the weekend? Heard his kicking was pretty reasonable, so would be interested to hear if he has changed anything.

Anyone see him in the practice match on the weekend? Heard his kicking was pretty reasonable, so would be interested to hear if he has changed anything.
Yep. Great work in tight and his kicking was solid. Still a few shanks but when in open space he got a couple of handball receives and hit a couple of pretty difficult targets :eek:. Wasn't second guessing himself like last year.

How is his kicking still?

Its one thing to be am extractor (that i agree we sorely need by the way) but if he cant hit a target he effectively makes us one short on the spread as we cant trust him not to butcher it

How is his kicking still?

Its one thing to be am extractor (that i agree we sorely need by the way) but if he cant hit a target he effectively makes us one short on the spread as we cant trust him not to butcher it
Yep. Great work in tight and his kicking was solid. Still a few shanks but when in open space he got a couple of handball receives and hit a couple of pretty difficult targets :eek:. Wasn't second guessing himself like last year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back