Player Watch #4: Aidan Corr

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought as of a month ago he was making really good progress…back into training ect. What’s changed?
Dunno - just told that he is struggling with the infection and lingering affects. I suppose there are only 7 rounds left so even if he hit the track now, then played a couple in the twos, its season over anyway. Just hope they can get him fit for 2022.

As good as it would have been to see him play a few games this year, my greater hope is they have got on top of this infection, they get him healthy and he can have a full pre-season.
Yep - this season doesn't matter now.

Sadly, looks like my info is correct. Now listed on injury list as 'indefinite'. Hard to believe a minor toe injury could turn into some so serious.
Hay Go Kangas
Maybe you should be the club Dr as then if Corr injury was so bad we could have got another pick in the mid year draft and put Corr on the indefinite list.

Hay Go Kangas
Maybe you should be the club Dr as then if Corr injury was so bad we could have got another pick in the mid year draft and put Corr on the indefinite list.
I think they continually thought they were on top of it but kept going backwards. Dunno tbh. Just sad for Aidan. Seems very unlucky.

I’m currently battling an infection from an operation on my syndesmosis and a re break of my broken leg. They are pretty tricky. Corrs definitely much worse then mine but I am 3 weeks out from surgery and they are still quite worried, does affect your health in other areas too

Stay healthy Bluey.

I think they continually thought they were on top of it but kept going backwards. Dunno tbh. Just sad for Aidan. Seems very unlucky.
Maybe the board the coaching staff the medical staff And supporters can go and see Father Dowling for a prey session before the 2022 season starts to hope for no more injuries and for supporters to turn up to games home or away in Victoria Tasmania or interstate.

Caught up with a mate yesterday who’s mum and Corrs mum are friends and recently went for dinner. It was explained to me yesterday that at one point there were conversations about the leg/foot being amputated.

Ummm WHAT

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Caught up with a mate yesterday who’s mum and Corrs mum are friends and recently went for dinner. It was explained to me yesterday that at one point there were conversations about the leg/foot being amputated.
I heard toe was a real consideration but they are now on top of it. Serious stuff.

Aidan Corr’s recovery form a toe infection continues to progress, however the lack of conditioning training he was able to undertake during recovery has left him with a long road back to match sharpness.

Rawlings says while the club hasn’t ruled out a return for Corr this season, the main focus is returning him to full fitness.

“The nature of the infection meant that he (Corr) couldn’t do any activity for such a long time. No sweating can occur during that recovery period. It’s been a long time with a lack of activity therefore he’s lost a lot of fitness,” he added.

“We’ve had him back running, he’s done some change of direction this week and pulled up well from that.

“There’s a chance he plays this season and we want to be able to give him that chance, but he’s certainly not back to playing within the next few weeks anyway.”

Last edited:
Aidan Corr’s recovery form a toe infection continues to progress, however the lack of conditioning training he was able to undertake during recovery has left him with a long road back to match sharpness.

Rawlings says while the club hasn’t ruled out a return for Corr this season, the main focus is returning him to full fitness.

“The nature of the infection meant that he (Corr) couldn’t do any activity for such a long time. No sweating can occur during that recovery period. It’s been a long time with a lack of activity therefore he’s lost a lot of fitness,” he added.

“We’ve had him back running, he’s done some change of direction this week and pulled up well from that.

“There’s a chance he plays this season and we want to be able to give him that chance, but he’s certainly not back to playing within the next few weeks anyway.”

Positive update.

So does this mean that they have essentially found a treatment that the infection is responding well to, but he's not cured/cannot start regaining match fitness yet?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back