Player Watch #4: Dustin Martin

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Martin dominating our wins or are we winning when he puts everyone on his back and dominates?
The games we've won he's been at his best. It goes hand in hand with the way we play. When we play direct football it makes Dusty much more damaging because that style plays into his hands. A booming kick, willingness to take the game on, very strong 1 on 1. When we're stuck chipping it around and going backwards he still gets the ball but is less effective because there's no one to kick to/no directness in our play.

Dangerfield has barely played a bad game and they are winning more often than not.
He's probably a dead set certainty but that doesn't detract from Martins great season.
Our year will see to it that he has no hope of winning I reckon.

Dangerfield has barely played a bad game and they are winning more often than not.
He's probably a dead set certainty but that doesn't detract from Martins great season.
Our year will see to it that he has no hope of winning I reckon.

he is only 25, its not like its the last chance he has to win it anyway.

he is only 25, its not like its the last chance he has to win it anyway.
Plenty of chances ahead.
It doesn't really bother me anyway.
I'd much rather us just be a good team than have a player win a Brownlow.

Reckon he is on around 20, he has been smart enough to be dominant in our wins. He also collects historically the 1s and 2s in losing sides

Can see him getting 3 vs bombers x2, gold coast and lions. Can see him getting 2 or 3 vs pies, bulldogs, freo. Can see him getting 1 in hawks x2, swans.

Looking back he does poll in some surprising games, ESP in 1 and 2 votes

Like you I have a financial interest in dusty - got on at $34 before the kangaroos game. even without the $$$ it would be good to get some sort of joy this season. Outside of port and gws, and gc we have the longest brownlow drought - 1971
Yup Ian Stewart

UPDATE

Round-by round voting to round 18 for the various awards...

* represents the bye
Age: -8---88789-9*87877... 95 votes (my tally adds to 94 so there may be a typo somewhere), Dangerfield leads on 96 votes, Sloane 88, Selwood 87, Neale 79, Franklin 78

Herald Sun: -----21-23-3*32331... 23 votes, outright leader, Dangerfield on 22, Steven and Mitchell on 19, Selwood and Sloane on 18.

AFL Brownlow Predictor: -1---11-23-3*3-33-... 20 votes, outright 3rd with Luke Parker and Danger leading on 21, Sloane 4th on 19. None of the top 4 polled. Steven polled 3 to also move to 19. This predictor gave Birchall 2 votes when the other three didn't give him any votes.

AFLCA: -7----38810-10*10-8105... 79 votes, 3rd with Dangerfield (85) leading Sloane (80). Selwood 4th on 73.

In seven rounds (7, 9, 10, 12, 14, 16 and 17) Dusty has polled in all four awards.
In three other rounds (2, 6, 18) he has polled in three of the four.

how does he get all the possessions he did against the hawks and not lay 1 tackle?

is he playing for himself and not a team game?

how does he get all the possessions he did against the hawks and not lay 1 tackle?

is he playing for himself and not a team game?
The number 1 possession getter in the league Lachie Neale isn't even in the top 100 for tackles, and Dangerfield ranked 2nd for Disp is only 42nd for tackles.

a side that gets flogged by 70 points and your number 1 mid has 0 tackles? that says something.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We've never been a tackling team, it's pathetic.
Our side stands for nothing.
We don't tackle, don't move the ball quickly, don't run with it, don't win, don't anything!

It's bullshit. I've had enough. Flogs.

Ps. Sorry Dusty I love you, just not your insipid team mates.

You would think (given how he finishes the Season off well) he is going to poll very high and top 3 in the count is a big possibility. However the lack of numbers in Richmond' W column, his slow(ish) start to the Season and that Dangerfield has been next level for most of the Season would make it hard to see him up winning the thing. He might even poll enough votes this year that could have seen him win it in recent years. However to me it seems the White Walker who looks like the spawn of Skeletor and a Gabage Patch Kid from down the Cattery way has one hand firmly on the medal at this stage.

Anyone see the article on afl.com about botempelli being better than dusty this year?

Bloody spare me

Botempelli is a gun no doubt but Dusty has been immense this year and anyone down talking his performances can go ead

Anyone see the article on afl.com about botempelli being better than dusty this year?

Bloody spare me

Botempelli is a gun no doubt but Dusty has been immense this year and anyone down talking his performances can go ead

If bont played fr Richmond and Dusty played for Bulldogs, they won't be saying that.

Bloody spare me

Laughable article. Confirms the Dogs and the Bont in particular are the AFL darlings at the moment. All it really states is that Dustry will go back and assist the defense, while the Bont will run forward for cheap goals. They should have a chart representing goals leaked by Dusty and Bontempelli.

Or they could also assess how would Bont go in our team where dusty is carrying the team. If dusty played for any of the top 8 teams he would be home in the medal already. Instead he busts a gut winning possession but has zero options downfield - no wonder his effectiveness is lower

Hardwicks opinion on sunday on Martin
Was utter s**t, he might as well of said,
Im going to finish my shampoo and conditioner at the same time, , just not true, 21 other tigers all worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back