Player Watch #4: Dustin Martin

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

:mad:Bloody Danger is smoking it tonight. Dusty needs a big one.

Danger is a mile ahead IMO.

Its a bit like the year Stynes one or a recent one with can't remember who.

I would be surprised if Danger does not get more than 40 and wins by 15+.

The only way Danger should lose is with a umpire imposed indiscretion or MVP

Danger is a mile ahead IMO.

Its a bit like the year Stynes one or a recent one with can't remember who.

I would be surprised if Danger does not get more than 40 and wins by 15+.

The only way Danger should lose is with a umpire imposed indiscretion or MVP
Pretty well right mate.hes just spoiling the theatre of the night.

Had no idea where to put this, but it's loosely connected to Dusty.
Dane Swan and Jamie Elliot were doing a leadership workshop at my place of work today for all the managers (I wasn't there). When my manager emerged, I naturally asked him how it was.
He said that one of the other managers is a Richmond supporter and started asking Swan about his friendship with Dusty.
Swan said that if Dusty wanted to be captain, he has no doubt that he could do it. Although Dusty may appear externally quite reserved and shy, in the confines of the club environment he is quite outspoken.
Swan went on to say, that he believes he would do a better job than Cotchin and that all Cotchin cares about are his personal stats and how he is viewed. This was obviously quite surprising to hear to me as I never saw Cotchin in this light.
Swan didn't say this information was provided by Dusty or what Swan has personally observed over his career but thought all you would be interested to hear it.

Don't shoot the messenger, this wasn't heard by myself direct from the source, but it was from my manager who has no reason to lie.
Take out of it what you will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swan went on to say, that he believes he would do a better job than Cotchin and that all Cotchin cares about are his personal stats and how he is viewed. This was obviously quite surprising to hear to me as I never saw Cotchin in this light.
Sounds like bullshit. Players voted to have him as captain. If Cotchin was actually like that the players would be looking for a new captain.
Martin has never been voted into the leadership group.

Sounds like bullshit. Players voted to have him as captain. If Cotchin was actually like that the players would be looking for a new captain.
Martin has never been voted into the leadership group.
Like I said, not sure where he got this information, it was simply just relayed to me by someone that heard it first hand.
Not sure if Swan would have reason to make up stories at a relatively small leadership programme.
Not saying I believe it though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had no idea where to put this, but it's loosely connected to Dusty.
Dane Swan and Jamie Elliot were doing a leadership workshop at my place of work today for all the managers (I wasn't there). When my manager emerged, I naturally asked him how it was.
He said that one of the other managers is a Richmond supporter and started asking Swan about his friendship with Dusty.
Swan said that if Dusty wanted to be captain, he has no doubt that he could do it. Although Dusty may appear externally quite reserved and shy, in the confines of the club environment he is quite outspoken.
Swan didn't say this information was provided by Dusty or what Swan has personally observed over his career but thought all you would be interested to hear it.

Don't shoot the messenger, this wasn't heard by myself direct from the source, but it was from my manager who has no reason to lie.
Take out of it what you will.

Intredasting.

How does Swan know what Dustin is like in the confines of the club?
How does Swan know about what Cotchin cares about?

kSKcbT3.jpg

Intredasting.

How does Swan know what Dustin is like in the confines of the club?
How does Swan know about what Cotchin cares about?

kSKcbT3.jpg
Swan and Dusty are friends and I'm sure they would discuss all things footy. But yes, it's a fair point. Not sure how he could 100% know what Dusty is like around the club.

I'm just assuming his views are based off the games he has played against him and just what Dusty tells him.
As Dusty and Cotch are close, I find it doubtful that Dusty would speak ill of Cotch.

Once again, just passing on what Dane Swan said, it may well be all untrue. Thought it was worth posting though.

Swan and Dusty are friends and I'm sure they would discuss all things footy. But yes, it's a fair point. Not sure how he could 100% know what Dusty is like around the club.

I'm just assuming his views are based off the games he has played against him and just what Dusty tells him.
As Dusty and Cotch are close, I find it doubtful that Dusty would speak ill of Cotch.

Once again, just passing on what Dane Swan said, it may well be all untrue. Thought it was worth posting though.

If true, he's either trolling or he just doesn't like Cotchin, as I imagine many of the Pies players don't either.

Or perhaps Cotchin has or had a problem with Dusty and Swan hanging out and whatnot.

End of the day, even if Joel Selwood said Dustin should be captain instead of Cotchin I'd still laugh. But it's Dane Swan, so it's even more meaningless.

UPDATE

Slow on the update for last week but Dusty polled in all four awards/predictor. I think he was better than Dangerfield today and Sloane had a quiet game (based on stats) so Dusty could be right back in contention. That said, umps love a winner. Dangerfield also has dash that I reckon would get him noticed more. They're both winning contested ball, but PD often breaks away with it while DM is pumping it forward with an opponent hanging off him.

Round-by round voting to round 20 for the various awards...

* represents the bye
Age: -8---88789-9*87877-8... third with 103 votes , Dangerfield leads on 112 votes, Sloane 104, Selwood 87, Neale 86, Hannebery 84

Herald Sun: -----21-23-3*32331-1... 24 votes, outright second, Dangerfield on 25, Coniglio on 21, Steven, Sloane and Mitchell on 19, Selwood on 18.

AFL Brownlow Predictor: -1---11-23-3*3-33--2... fourth with 22 votes. Three way tie between Dangerfield, Sloane and Parker on 23 votes. Shuey and Steven on 19 votes.

AFLCA: -7----38810-10*10-8105-5... 84 votes, 3rd with Dangerfield (99) leading Sloane (93) leading. Bontempelli fourth on 78 followed by Selwood on 73.

In eight rounds (7, 9, 10, 12, 14, 16, 17 and 20) Dusty has polled in all four awards.
In three other rounds (2, 6, 18) he has polled in three of the four.

UPDATE to round 21

Age: -8---88789-9*87877-87... second with 110 votes , Dangerfield leads on 119 votes after also polling seven. Sloane third on 104.

Herald Sun: -----21-23-3*32331-1-... 24 votes, outright second, Dangerfield on 26 after polling one vote.

AFL Brownlow Predictor: -1---11-23-3*3-33--2-... equal fourth with Shuey on 22 votes. Parker polls two votes to lead on 25, Dangerfield polls one to be second on 24, Sloane unmoved on 23.

AFLCA: -7----38810-10*10-8105-54... 88 votes, equal third with Bontempelli (10 votes). Dangerfield polls six and leads (105) with Sloane (93) following. Bontempelli fourth on 78 followed by Selwood on 73.

In eight rounds (7, 9, 10, 12, 14, 16, 17 and 20) Dusty has polled in all four awards.
In three other rounds (2, 6, 18) he has polled in three of the four.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back