Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin

Remove this Banner Ad

I just wished he had an arial game and was able to fly for a pack mark

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
And what take away his brute strength? Can’t have it all, what he does have though was more than enough to win a Brownlow, 3 flags and 3 Normies etc.

What we need is a Key Forward to be fit to play.

Good to see a sophisticated Carlton supporter around.

Yep finals are important that’s why I rate Walsh better than N Daicos. Gary Ayres medal in 2023 right and didn’t even make the GF? Beast

Good to see a sophisticated Carlton supporter around.

Yep finals are important that’s why I rate Walsh better than N Daicos. Gary Ayres medal in 2023 right and didn’t even make the GF? Beast

The Gary Ayres Award is probably like the Brownlow medal for the Final series. Dusty has won both - the Brownlow medal (1) and Gary Ayres Award (3)

The Gary Ayres Award is probably like the Brownlow medal for the Final series. Dusty has won both - the Brownlow medal (1) and Gary Ayres Award (3)

Yep, now try arguing with Geelong and Pies supporters about this. They think losing heaps of finals is success for some reason 🤣

when was the last time Martin was a midfield game changer?!

no need to invoke some mystery injury, much more likely that Dusty checked out a while ago.

see the likes of Pendlebury mentioned above, but Pendles is one in a million, has a hunger for relentless success/excellence that just isn't there in most.
Q. Did Dusty check out a while ago?
A : Dunno. Define check out I suppose. 2021 played well until injury. Late 22 returned for the final a bit underdone. 23 had a ball biter of a comeback season. 2nd in the B&F if you rate that crap.
2024 had a good preseason, and copped a late calf injury that kept him out of groundzero and round 3. Since Hopper & Tarranto he's more fwd anyhow.

His 24 performance has declined no doubt. See if he can improve, if/when he regains fitness.. patience grasshopper !!!

Q. Did Dusty check out a while ago?
A : Dunno. Define check out I suppose. 2021 played well until injury. Late 22 returned for the final a bit underdone. 23 had a ball biter of a comeback season. 2nd in the B&F if you rate that stuff.
2024 had a good preseason, and copped a late calf injury that kept him out of groundzero and round 3. Since Hopper & Tarranto he's more fwd anyhow.

His 24 performance has declined no doubt. See if he can improve, if/when he regains fitness
I don't think he's fit. He looked proppy to me on every set shot, and earlier in the season he did have to sit out a week to break a cycle of pain. My theory is that wasn't quite enough and he's just not feeling 100% to perform at the level he did last year.

Has he mentally checked out? Mmmm, hard to tell. He did lose two long standing mates Cotchin and Riewoldt, maybe the drive isn't there? But that's impossible to tell from the outside.

I don't think he's fit. He looked proppy to me on every set shot, and earlier in the season he did have to sit out a week to break a cycle of pain. My theory is that wasn't quite enough and he's just not feeling 100% to perform at the level he did last year.

Has he mentally checked out? Mmmm, hard to tell. He did lose two long standing mates Cotchin and Riewoldt, maybe the drive isn't there? But that's impossible to tell from the outside.
I suspect he has a long term hip flexor or groin niggle that has been developing over the past few years

Just doesn’t seem to have the penetrating kick he once had

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He did a preseason without his BFFs, still plenty of 30 y.o.s at the club. Dunno if Dusty actually needs any external motivation, he probably hasn't even noticed their absence.

Balta is probably back this week so, have a way higher functioning fwd line. Dusty can really be that 3rd fwd type.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back