Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin

Remove this Banner Ad

Reckon there’s more to it than bruised ribs maybe a small fracture. He was continually on his haunches yesterday looking distressed.

Probably had a jab at half time as he did look a bit better 2nd half
Reckon he looked ill. On haunches usually suggests that. Played through it (and probably got a jab) and looked sharper as the game went on.

Reckon he looked ill. On haunches usually suggests that. Played through it (and probably got a jab) and looked sharper as the game went on.
He did have bruised ribs courtesy of a Nank tackle at training. That can last a while and it hurts like hell. I’m just hoping they were only bruised. He’s definitely not coping with body contact at the moment. He got tackled really hard from behind in the 2nd Q and after that looked out of sorts l.

He did have bruised ribs courtesy of a Nank tackle at training. That can last a while and it hurts like hell. I’m just hoping they were only bruised. He’s definitely not coping with body contact at the moment. He got tackled really hard from behind in the 2nd Q and after that looked out of sorts l.
He's been carrying them all year. I broke a rib a few months back, 6 weeks it took me to recover, not sure how you do that playing footy every week. Mind you I'm not all that tough these days.

We don't really have the luxary of giving him a week off right now with all our other injuries, especially if we want to win games in the hub. But that might not be the worst idea.

Either that, or play him in the goalsquare for a week or two. To me, he's lacking his normal movement, power and explosiveness breaking tackles and bursting from packs. It's limiting his influence in the middle, but he still looks really effective one out in the forward line or getting the ball around half forward.

Really says how good he is if he is playing injured that he can still have an impact. If he can go up a notch or two next two weeks it may just be the spark the other 21 on the park need. When he plays well the rest feed off his energy

At one stage I thought he looked like he had a migraine.

i reckon this

i suffer migraines regularly and having played sport through them thats what it looked like to me

his eyes looked a bit glazed over, as if direct light was affecting him

i reckon this

i suffer migraines regularly and having played sport through them thats what it looked like to me

his eyes looked a bit glazed over, as if direct light was affecting him
He grabbed the top of his nose/in between his eyes as he went down on his haunches too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's been carrying them all year. I broke a rib a few months back, 6 weeks it took me to recover, not sure how you do that playing footy every week. Mind you I'm not all that tough these days.
Had the same thing happen to me in an opening round years ago and it just stayed with me all season, I’d have a week off here and there but should have just taken a month off.. longest season ever!
Every bump or tackle...😩

Had the same thing happen to me in an opening round years ago and it just stayed with me all season, I’d have a week off here and there but should have just taken a month off.. longest season ever!
Every bump or tackle...😩
I rolled on a netball and though oh shite I'm going down, and not as elegantly as I once would have. If you've seen a giraffe fall, well funnier. Heard the crack and rollled and heard the other side crack. Luckily it was just me and my son, otherwise the ignominy.

I rolled on a netball and though oh sh*te I'm going down, and not as elegantly as I once would have. If you've seen a giraffe fall, well funnier. Heard the crack and rollled and heard the other side crack. Luckily it was just me and my son, otherwise the ignominy.
I still laugh thinking back.. this is early 90’s! That I tried playing a few games with a cricket thigh pad under my jumper..
What’s the first thing the opposition does when they see that?
Yeah, yeah not the smartest thing I ever did!

I still laugh thinking back.. this is early 90’s! That I tried playing a few games with a cricket thigh pad under my jumper..
What’s the first thing the opposition does when they see that?
Yeah, yeah not the smartest thing I ever did!
Great idea, if you were playing cricket.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back