Player Watch #4: Dustin Martin

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A club offering $1.5m a year is moving into desperation territory, not sure even Norf would go there. Especially with Ben Brown coming out of contract next year who is good enough to be asking for almost $1m a season. There will be teams thinking of offering Ben Brown contracts next year and they're going to want to keep him.

Agree. $1.5M would be the absolute Max and I don't think it happens. Especially if they're into Kelly. Ben Brown is the forgotten one here, out of contract next year and will command a decent pay packet. If they were to get Dusty, Kelly and keep Brown they'd have a fair bit of the cap tied up right there. Still, they seem desperate enough to do it!

Agree. $1.5M would be the absolute Max and I don't think it happens. Especially if they're into Kelly. Ben Brown is the forgotten one here, out of contract next year and will command a decent pay packet. If they were to get Dusty, Kelly and keep Brown they'd have a fair bit of the cap tied up right there. Still, they seem desperate enough to do it!
Which means they will lose players. Also what happens in 2 or 3 years when their No.1/No.2 draft pick comes out of contract and wants a raise? Especially if they picked up a really good kid?

ben brown will come to us on reduced pay in a trade with ben lenin so he can play in a finals bound team with dusty

It was, and that was at the start of the year. And the time it seemed a bit high given he hadn't consistently performed at that level. This year he's stepped up so the offer may have to.
Kelly won't leave GWS for less than $1M a year, especially to an interstate team. So either Norf gives up on Kelly and tries for Dusty while St Kilda, Carlton or someone else (us?) go after Kelly or they give up on Dusty and offer Kelly a bigger contract to get him down here. I think they're going to have a decision to make some time soon, especially if we've put that contract in front of Dusty.

ben brown will come to us on reduced pay in a trade with ben lenin so he can play in a finals bound team with dusty

Actually wonder how available he comes when the Roos fail to get dusty/Kelly and every other player they are attempting to attract with their scatter gun approach.

He is more likely than Goldstein or anyone else to get them a first.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lost my reply privileges in the Norf thread. Must be when I joked about their membership and 'rivalry' with us. Surely with the level of floggish delusion on there this should be acceptable, nay, expected even?

Anyhoo, anyone got an idea of what they're offing him?

Screen Shot 2017-07-22 at 1.05.31 PM.png

Last edited:
Don't even bite. They know they aren't getting him. Kelly probably not. All they have left is to troll.
North are offering dusty 1.3 to 1.5 py over 5 to 6 yrs. Not that i think theyl get him with that though..

Lost my reply privileges in the Norf thread. Must be when I joked about their membership and 'rivalry' with us. Surely with the level of flourish delusion on there this should be acceptable, nay, expected even?

Anyhoo, anyone got an idea of what they're offing him?

View attachment 396137
Well if the rumours are true and they've given their list managers 15M to lure Dusty and Kelly.

Kelly's rumoured offer earlier in the year was 1M per year for 9 years which leaves 6M for Dusty over however many years and he'll probably want more than 3 years.

North are offering dusty 1.3 to 1.5 py over 5 to 6 yrs. Not that i think theyl get him with that though..
Really? Lol

And they call us desperate.

I love Dusty and I don't want to lose him but I don't want us going over 1.2m a year. They want to tie up that much of the salary cap in Martin I say let them go for it. We can give Dusty's money to someone else.

no, they are offering Kelly and Martin a $15m package

kelly gets $9m over 9

dusty has a 6 year offer, which means just $1m a year

it was the dons rumoured to be offering $1.5m

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back