Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin

Remove this Banner Ad

We can't have him on our list next year for whatever feel good reason or as a team moving forward into rebuilding. It's just a waste of a spot and money and if Gale allows it then it's another s**t contract he's signed off on. Love Dusty, but we've paid him massive for his legendary service. He has to retire or move on if he still wants to play as we are running a football club/ business not a charity event for the rich and famous .lol

We are not a franchise…we are a club. We do club things.

Because his high profile he would probably come under ambassador payments
Pretty sure even a portion of his salary with us was subsidised by the afl
That was discussed on some footy show and was revealed to be such a small amount that it actually is so insignificant.
something like i think it was Dangerfield or Neal getting like $30,000-$50,000 Thats really not going to move the gauge much

Sorry to put this here but a serious question:

My wife has received a Facebook friend request from Dusty's page.

I don't use it and got no idea about Facebook (lucky me) so is it legit? His face says only 102 friends so i have my doubts about her accepting it.

What gives?

On SM-A426B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Usually accounts with a blue tick are real from famous sporting people or celebrities.

IMG_6187.png

We are not a franchise…we are a club. We do club things.
Never said we were so what's your point. What are club things? Is this your opinion as i want to see the literature regarding what the RFC regards as club things? Is one of the club things where the coach is ok screwing some girl behind his wife's back?
Club things are all bullshit as club's do things in the best interest for the team moving forward.

I don't use it and got no idea about Facebook (lucky me) so is it legit? His face says only 102 friends so i have my doubts about her accepting it.

What gives?

No need for her to accept it.

What gives?

Have you ever attended a game at the MCG. Stood up and had a beer with the "grog squad" at the Punt Road end of the ground? Perhaps sung a song about Dusty? It starts "Oh Dustin Martin, you are the love of my life....".

If so, maybe Dusty is taking you up on your offer.

Have you ever attended a game at the MCG. Stood up and had a beer with the "grog squad" at the Punt Road end of the ground? Perhaps sung a song about Dusty? It starts "Oh Dustin Martin, you are the love of my life....".

If so, maybe Dusty is taking you up on your offer.
We live in Thailand, ahh so it was Dusty we met at that ladyboy bar back in January.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont want to see him play anywhere else but I do think he should be retiring at the end of the season.
Depends where you sit.
Sadly, slowed considerably and skills have diminished - and turnovers are sad to watch.
But outside Bolton and Baker - and now maybe Rioli Jr - the only player who looks like he might create something out of nothing (or something) on the list.
Sad where we have got to.

Depends where you sit.
Sadly, slowed considerably and skills have diminished - and turnovers are sad to watch.
But outside Bolton and Baker - and now maybe Rioli Jr - the only player who looks like he might create something out of nothing (or something) on the list.
Sad where we have got to.

i think he still has it - but as the sides fortunes have fallen apart he looks sort of absent in-game, like his head isn't quite there

I think his best move is to head to a contender for a year or two & see what he can achieve

I'll never ask for this man to be dropped. He is the one exception who I'd be happy to carry to whatever milestone he likes but his time is up in terms of meaningfully contributing on a regular basis.

He has given this club everything and is grossly underpaid for how good he was. Will always be my GOAT.
Hope he stays fit and powers his way home to 300 games.

Long live the king.

1.1 with 18 disposals and 6 marks. Set up some nice things. Hardly the worst game I’ve seen. Hope he gets fitter and has one more big burst left in him for next year when we can regroup.

We are going to get a top 3 or 4 pick at least, and get back some big position players.

The game was pretty even around the ground for 3/4.

They kicked at goal better.

The will and commitment is there, but the flood gates open due to the group being not hardened and primed compared to the top teams.

There is nothing see that’s alarming.

Add lynch, Toranto, Balta, Gibcus, top 4 draft pick 2024 plus a few of the young blokes that show something on 2023 and any free agents we can combine with all the mid/late rounders we have in this years draft( plus the free cap from Dusty’s big contract ending) we can rebound next year.

This is his level now, good player, easily best 22, capable of brilliant moments but not going to carry games anymore or finish the year in our top handful on B&F night.

It's only frustrating if you're expecting peak Dusty. Time and circumstances have hit him harder than most, so be it. His career is legendary and I'd love him to finish it with us.

I had Dusty in our top 6 or 7, we got to realise he aint the miracle man anymore
still a gun........but he aint the fastest gun in the game anymore.
View attachment 1969781
Yes but to be honest it’s sad to see him avoiding contests and looking a bit scared at times to get the hard ball. In the third quarter in the pocket Hugo of all people actually impacted the contest and got it to Dusty after Dusty didn’t want to win the footy. Sad stuff for such a great player.

Selfless game by the champ, provided a target, his leading patterns were richo like, demanded the ball on the lead, often ignored

Hes playing the 32-33 year old forward everyone expected him to do 7-8 years ago

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yes but to be honest it’s sad to see him avoiding contests and looking a bit scared at times to get the hard ball. In the third quarter in the pocket Hugo of all people actually impacted the contest and got it to Dusty after Dusty didn’t want to win the footy. Sad stuff for such a great player.
It happens KB done it, Roach and Flea done it, Richo done it, Trent and Jack done it ALL in their twilight years

And now Dustin is doing it......Sacrifice your game now for the up and comers, be a second banana so others can shine....dusty never looks for a goal these days he looks for a team mate to finish his work....he is handing over the baton and i am loving every minute of it, and i feel the club is too. long live the king.

Goat as a player and Goat of the unselfish playmakers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back