Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin

Remove this Banner Ad

That 18 month period of his kidney injury and losing his old man was the beginning of the end. Has not recovered from the psychological and emotional toll they both took.

That 18 month period of his kidney injury and losing his old man was the beginning of the end. Has not recovered from the psychological and emotional toll they both took.
I thought he had an amazing season last year and was over all that. I just think Father Time has just hit him. It can get you just after one more preseason . It’s amazing how many footballers say it that they went that extra season too long.

I think some people probably forget he went through all of that. He was excellent last year but it's caught up with him.
He's the greatest finals player the games ever seen. Not racking up possessions against garbage sides, he destroyed the best of the best, consistently. I think he'll get 300 and pull the pin.

He hit brownlow form in that Eagles match in 2022 but did his hammie in the third quarter. He just hasn't been the same since..

I don't think he could have played better last year, honestly, he probably played above himself not the old Dusty but close to a really good season of where he was at & what was expected.

This year has been a total eye opener not only is well past it, but he is also a liability & I actually believe we might be at point where we would be a better team without him. our only win this season was without him against Sydney.

Having our senior players out there that are just going through motions isn't helping our rebuild, you would expect them to at least be some of them to be our better players. which they are not.

The only players above 25+ that I think are pulling their weight is D. Rioli, Bolton & Vlastuin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think right now, he would suit a team contending where he could play HFF or FP, kick a couple a week and get 12-15 touches. He is a liability in a rebuilding team where we cant cover for him.

He looks old now and sadly, he isnt a leader, never has been and its even more highlighted now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back