Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin

Remove this Banner Ad

100 % - nothing more, nothing less. His decline is internal/physical.

Don't agree with that. I think the death of his father was as much a part of it. He looked lost the following season and required several Mental Health breaks. I agree the kidney injury played a big part, but his mental resolve broke as well. Hasn't been anywhere near the same since both those things

Don't agree with that. I think the death of his father was as much a part of it. He looked lost the following season and required several Mental Health breaks. I agree the kidney injury played a big part, but his mental resolve broke as well. Hasn't been anywhere near the same since both those things
I think the injury was big, it caused him to lose a lot of weight therefore he had to put it back on & it's like he has lost his explosive power.

Losing his father ofc would have affected him & you never get over that, but time heals all wounds, I feel that would not be the issue right now.

I think the injury was big, it caused him to lose a lot of weight therefore he had to put it back on & it's like he has lost his explosive power.

Losing his father ofc would have affected him & you never get over that, but time heals all wounds, I feel that would not be the issue right now.
Time doesn't heal shit , you never stop grieving.

No, he just needs another challenge. Gold coast.

Gary Ablett Jr born 1984. Begins Second stint at Geelong at 34yo. (2018 - 2020) Plays 3 more years for Geelong.

Dustin Martin born 1991. 33yo in june. If he would go to GC for 2025 season he would be 34 half way through the season.

New challenge. Champions need challenge.

Hope he retires on 299 and avoids all the hoopla the CFL media will make out of it for one week before they go back to speculating on which club he going to next year, he should he retire, blah, blah, blah.

Gary Ablett Jr born 1984. Begins Second stint at Geelong at 34yo. (2018 - 2020) Plays 3 more years for Geelong.

Dustin Martin born 1991. 33yo in june. If he would go to GC for 2025 season he would be 34 half way through the season.

New challenge. Champions need challenge.

he has a new challenge, its trying to win games from 10 goals down every week!

It's been posted here but a very reliable source told me he's getting to 300 and pulling the pin.
Well we know he wasn't lacking motivation in preseason so that's not in question. It has been suggested that he is carrying some sort of injury, if that's true and he still wants to play even though he can't perform at his best, he may just pull the pin at 299 or 300.

Hope he retires on 299 and avoids all the hoopla the CFL media will make out of it for one week before they go back to speculating on which club he going to next year, he should he retire, blah, blah, blah.
we got 4 thing to cheers for this season..
1 - watching or kids play
2 - sending meehan packing
3 - securing multiple early draft picks as we possibly can
4- and celebrating Dusty's career and 300 milestone
he deserves it and we deserve celebrating with him #300

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully reading all of that he retires at 300. Surely other clubs wouldn’t be interested in paying a 33yo $500k plus a year for two years who is battling soft tissue injuries.
This is Ralph Carr. Another agent might do the same in gauge interest, but wouldn't make that public, Ralph loves a but of media attention.
A good agent would be "gauging" interest so he can present all options to his player.
Richmond may only offer a 1 year contract at a fairly low wage. If another club offer a heap of money and that's what drives Dusty to keep playing then his manager would be negligent in their duty not to explore those options.

This is Ralph Carr. Another agent might do the same in gauge interest, but wouldn't make that public, Ralph loves a but of media attention.
A good agent would be "gauging" interest so he can present all options to his player.
Richmond may only offer a 1 year contract at a fairly low wage. If another club offer a heap of money and that's what drives Dusty to keep playing then his manager would be negligent in their duty not to explore those options.
He's finishing up mate. May play somewhere else next year, but I highly doubt it.

I agree, just saying Carr is only doing his job, people read what they want in to it, but most of it is just show I believe.
Dusty dances to his own tune, so only he knows what he really thinks.
Exactly as he has a job to do and also needs future clientele . Dusty talk is the best promotion for your business.

💯 agree with all of that underestimated. He owns the club nothing entirely up to him what he does now.

Tiger71 do you have any info as you usually get good dusty mail...
he mentioned on the pod that he wont be going to another club and will either be doing year to year contracts or pull up stumps.

he didn't mention anything in regards to mid year however none of us asked that either.

Well if he doesn't play his 300th against Hawthorn then it will be a graveyard time slot on a Sunday with no Free to Air TV coverage. Could be a sad way to see him out!!
Edit, the Hawks match won't be free to air either, 4:30 on a Saturday is a better time slot than Sunday 3:20 though

Clearly playing sore to help the team out during injury crisis. He had a solid pre season but the calf muscles, when they go they take ages to get right. Plus every oppo that goes near him tries to bump or tackle him so I reckon he probably has a sore hip or corkie, he just can't move like he's used to doing, or he's playing very sore.

How anyone, particularly a Richmond supporter could be critical of the bloke is beyond me. That's on you, not on him. You don't hold a candle to him so you have to take a cheap shot ? He walks over the white line, you don't.

"But it's just my opinion".

Yeh, your opinion is rubbish. You should kiss the bloody ground the bloke walks on.

Give it a rest. I've been hearing negative rumours about D. Martin for 15 years. How many of them turned out true ? Here's an idea. Hold your opinion and wait to see what happens.

If you have a source name it. If you don't, stop spreading unfounded rumours that are rubbish and just stoke the fires that make this bloke almost a recluse. You're only doing it in an effort to make yourself look like a first-in hero. That's the truth.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back