Past #40: Thomas Murphy - delisted after 8 NM games/1 NM goal - thanks Murph

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought it was ball finding. 14 touches in 60% TOG on debut seemed alright to me.

I wouldn't mind seeing his one wood sneak up in to the forward 60 and having a ping this week, if/when the Cats load up our forward 50.

I disagree. A guy with his composure and foot skills is gold.

If the other donkeys at there today had those traits we won that easily today.

Perhaps. We all know how much the new kid on the block is "untouchable" around these parts. But we didnt finish off the game last week and we didnt today. Last week 60% tog with us a player down, this week 56%. Not saying he doesnt show anything, just that he's not ready yet.

I disagree. A guy with his composure and foot skills is gold.

If the other donkeys at there today had those traits we won that easily today.

Agree wholeheartedly- put him into the positions Lmac found himself and I back him in to hit targets - just needs to get in the right places.
This kid is a keeper.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree wholeheartedly- put him into the positions Lmac found himself and I back him in to hit targets - just needs to get in the right places.
This kid is a keeper.
Yep. Doesn’t deserve to be first out in today’s performance. I agree he will need to build to AFL fitness, but the kid has all the tools to be a great offensive defender.

he was one I didn't get pissed off in the entire game. He's a ripper and a hair saver....

Made good decisions under pressure, didn't panic, and can kick quickly effectively when required. Like his acceleration and agility. Kicking technique very good - straight back, straight through. Doesn't wind up and kick round the corner so is not going to be a liability in pressure games.

I reckon i saw every other defender have a crack at kicking in except Murphy, who would probably be the best kick of all of them. No way does he get dropped, (to use a Kingyism) we have use his assets more for our advantage.
Best kick at the club, I called it weeks ago

This kid's certainly passed his audition well. If he was pencilled in as a player of the future a week ago I reckon we can overwrite it with blue ink now.

He and EVW will be a great combo for us down the track.

Good composure and disposal, an absolute anomaly at nmfc.

Stays in for nine.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Is that " stays in for nine" or meant to be "stays in for mine"?

Cos I reckon it wouldn't hurt to give him a run of games, unless his performance starts dropping off.

Made good decisions under pressure, didn't panic, and can kick quickly effectively when required. Like his acceleration and agility. Kicking technique very good - straight back, straight through. Doesn't wind up and kick round the corner so is not going to be a liability in pressure games.
He's more important being a possible second kick than the first.

The second kick from the kick in has more ability to create plays. No point wasting your best kick being an almost guaranteed mark in the pocket.

It's why JMac does the kick ins most of the time. He's a decent kick in, but not the best kick in our defense.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back