Traded #42: Adam Saad - Traded to Carlton for pick 8 (with some junk picks)

Remove this Banner Ad

At this stage he’s All Australian
Should’ve been at least in the squad last year too. He is the perfect modern day small defender and is never easily beaten in a contest. Massive mancrush on him. Close to being my favourite player.

Last edited:
Should’ve been at least in the squad last year too. He is the perfect modern day small defender and is never easily beaten in a contest. Massive mancrush on him. Close to be my favourite player.

I was critical of him about this time last year because I thought he shirked it a couple of times but he has been genuinely stupendous since.

His one on one work and particularly his ability to recover when he’s out of position is as good as there is anywhere in the league and his balance when he’s in the air or when he’s zig zagging at top speed is unbelievably good.

Was one on one with Mason Cox in the goalsquare in the last quarter for a few minutes and they weren't game enough* to kick it near him because he is the ultimate defensive machine

*Or observant enough I guess

Saad and Shiel have been our most consistent players this year. I would've doubted that being the case given the flashy types aren't usually the consistent types. Saad's repeat efforts (even after already sprinting 100 meteres back towards defensive 50) are incredible. And he still always manages to find that extra burst of speed to set us up going back the other way. He is rarely beaten and gives his all in every contest and every attack. What more could you want from him??

Saad and Shiel have been our most consistent players this year. I would've doubted that being the case given the flashy types aren't usually the consistent types. Saad's repeat efforts (even after already sprinting 100 meteres back towards defensive 50) are incredible. And he still always manages to find that extra burst of speed to set us up going back the other way. He is rarely beaten and gives his all in every contest and every attack. What more could you want from him??
Stringer too.

This guy is seriously in AA form right now

Wow weee

Saad is a ******* jet. Never really saw him for a full game until yesterday. AA worthy, anybody that says that he isn't is a complete idiot and has no idea about football.

Stringer also had a good game. If he was still at the Bulldogs, would be our best forward easily.

Loved Danihers game, especially his 55-60m goal. Was epic

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Huh? How does Hibberd get brought up in this? Hibberd has pace, but he is 29 and slowing down. No one has jumped off Hibberd mate.

Saad is one of the quickest in the AFL, you can never have enough of his type.

Oh relax, I was just having a dig seeing as how we've already given you one 'running off the back' defender in him.
Chill.

Huh? How does Hibberd get brought up in this? Hibberd has pace, but he is 29 and slowing down. No one has jumped off Hibberd mate.

Saad is one of the quickest in the AFL, you can never have enough of his type.
What about Jayden Hunt? He was the next big thing off half back for the dees. What's happened to his development?

Very classy player is Adam, just so impressed that he busts a gut every week (and I can count on one hand the players who do that at Carlton on a weekly basis)

Right now, I'd say he would be in you top 3 in your B and F.

Has taken his game to a new level since joining your lot, credit to himself and the environment and culture Woosha has helped forge.

Terrific role model (and not jus for Muslim kids either, he is a hard working professional)

Day one of Ramadan. Last year’s improvement coincided with Ramadan. Can he go another level starting this Friday?

What did he cost us? Whatever it was, he is worth everything we gave + more.

So reliable and dependable. I relax when he is near the ball.

Pick 35, stuff all.

Absolute blessing that the stars aligned and we were able to get him over with so little fuss

Remove this Banner Ad

Back