Player Watch #44: Tyson Stengle [TIGER NO MORE!]

Tyson just doesn't go to ground easily. He also seems to be able to think/move when tackled. That seems to make it difficult to hold him in the tackle.

At the very least he more often than not seems to be able to get the ball out to a team mate. Which just makes him dangerous even when tackled. Very handy skill to have, especially if he can bring it to senior footy...

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond
Bloody good player this kid. Of all our small forwards and by gee we have a few he looks the most likely to play some quality midfield time , great ball handling skill , evasive and courageous with neat disposal , said it before reminds very much of matty stokes , 200g player for cats through golden era

_DBF_

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 26, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Arsenal; Melbourne City.
Doesn’t count as a tackle unless he’s dispossessed or a ball up is called. So I believe it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Charlie Pannam

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
This bloke is absolutely banging the door down but How do we fit him in this year with Rioli due to return and Butler and Castagna regulars. Surely can’t play 4 small forwards.
Maybe in the future one of the small forwards pushes up to the wing allowing Wombo to slot in to the forward line he doesn’t have the tank to play mid.

Madison

Club Legend
Jul 28, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond
I think Butler has looked a bit off recently, things just aren’t quite working for him. If he needs a week or two I’d love to see Stengel come in. Or for Higgins. Higgins is doing alright though, but that’s probably the most like for like as neither has lightning pace.

Apr 27, 2014
The Funny Farm Lakes Entrance
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
The Fanboi Farters
Bloody good player this kid. Of all our small forwards and by gee we have a few he looks the most likely to play some quality midfield time , great ball handling skill , evasive and courageous with neat disposal , said it before reminds very much of matty stokes , 200g player for cats through golden era
I made your midfield point weeks ago in another thread. I stated with our lack of depth in the midfield and excessive small forwards he would be best to work on adding this string to his bow. Has a low COG and is balanced down low with quick hands and excellent disposal as you say .

Last edited:
I made your midfield point weeks ago in another thread. I stated with our lack of depth in the midfield and excessive small forwards he would be best to work on add king this string to his bow. Has a low COG and is balanced down low with quick hands and excellent disposal as you say .
Is he quick like most of the smalls? He seems a bit one paced to me, similar to Higgins actually?

Baker gotta be worth a shot soon?

Apr 27, 2014
The Funny Farm Lakes Entrance
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
The Fanboi Farters
Is he quick like most of the smalls? He seems a bit one paced to me, similar to Higgins actually?

Baker gotta be worth a shot soon?
He's whippy and fast over a small radius of 10-15m from what I've seen. He's got good inside smarts. Baker probably has a few in front of him yet and i 'm happy to just let him develop in the VFL this tear.

Back