Play Nice 45th President of the United States: Donald Trump - Part 14: Never failed a test I didn’t take

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 12, 2012
sv_cheats 1
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Edmonton Oilers
Last edited by a moderator:
There’s a place where a lot of people do the same thing. It’s called the US stock market.

That’s where the American public puts its faith in the US economy to rebound and for Trump to be re-elected. It’s sure as hell not going up because they think Biden will be President :p
Well if you think you can, in advance, predict one isolated factor causing a move in the stock market, you’re welcome to pile all your money into it.

Smart investors know that gambling is for mugs.

Kayleigh McEnany with an absolute pearler of a quote in her press conference today.

Q: "How do you think the world is looking at the United States right now?"

KM: "I think the world is looking at us as a leader in COVID-19."

I mean technically the US is "leading" with the most cases and deaths, so there's an element of truth in it.

But to think any other country is looking at their response and saying "wow, I wish we followed the US's example" is just straight up idiotic.
I can only repeat the stat from yesterday, that Arizona (pop 7 mill) currently has a new infection rate roughly the same as the EU (pop nearly half a billion).

America is phuccked with these idiots in charge. No chance.

while for the 500th time we right wingers pinched the bridges of our nose and sighed

Oh, you’re a right winger? I guess when you spin as much s**t as you do, it’s hard to keep up. Tell us more about your Maori girlfriend and vast array of multicultural friends, depressingly s**t carpet and curtain man.

Centrists just pinch the bridge of their noses, sigh, and ask why a teenage school dropout is a spokesperson for anything.

You seem to believe that everyone must behave at all times under the label of one specific political ideology... centrists such as myself pick and choose the best aspects from both sides

You can't claim to be a fellow centrist when you were so passionate about one side that you worked for them!

As an enlightened centrist, I just wanna see everyone get along... can't we give peace a chance?

Enlightened centrist.
And it's not a character. It's called growing up mate.

Appreciate the kind words son. We sensible centrists gotta stick together

I changed my mind. It happens sometimes to we enlightened centrists

I'm a centrist these days, I see no reason why we can't bury the hatchet?

You are gullible if you think that Bubba wasn't fully aware that there was no hate crime committed from the start. He wanted his 15 minutes and you gooses gave it to him, while for the 500th time we right wingers pinched the bridges of our nose and sighed: they've fallen for yet another Jussie Smollett / Nathan Phillips. A garage door pull cord with a menacing 5cm loop? Stop insulting your own intelligence!

Oh, you’re a right winger? I guess when you spin as much sh*t as you do, it’s hard to keep up. Tell us more about your Maori girlfriend and vast array of multicultural friends, depressingly sh*t carpet and curtain man.
GF is mixed race white/Maori. Best m8 is Sri Lankan, of the "Dutch Burgher" ethnicity. "Enlightened centrist" is a satirical term:

I believe that the centre is the wisest place to be and I strive to get there, but I clearly lean right a lot of the time.

Peace be upon you Royce, I hope you realise soon that FK is actually a good bloke!

Last edited:
Trump - Covid is harmless to 99% of people that get it.

Death rate is around 4% of those in the US who contract the virus.

The guy is a complete and utter moron. A moron who simply does not care about US citizens.

Last edited:
How do you measure treatment by the legal system? Are you referring to punishment black person vs white person for committing the same crime?
There are a number of ways to look at treatment of the legal system. There have been studies comparing similar crimes/accusations, and the availability of bail, the level of bail, and the length of sentences. There is evidence that in some cases laws were brought in specifically to target black americans. There is the deliberate defunding of legal aid. There are surveys of the populace to investigate underlying criminal rates versus arrested criminal rates. There are studies on the rate of warnings versus arrests for the different groups.

As for ‘over targeting’ minorities, this is proactive policing 101.

Target high crime areas with an overt presence as well as target recent prison releases as well as known offenders and their associates.

It leads to more documented police contact with members of the public, often minorities and is a proven crime reduction strategy.

The statistics show a high volume of police contacts with minorities which can easily be misconstrued. What you’re quoting as ‘evidence’ of ‘targeting’ is simply a misinterpretation of the statistics seeing it as racism, which it isn’t.
There are question marks over its effectiveness. For example, when the New York police went on a "semi-walkout" and refused to do low level actions, more serious crime numbers dropped.

But what you're suggesting is also fundamentally racist. Its saying that if we focus on one group, we'll find more crime. I submit that if the same action was performed against any group that their crime rates would go up. Effectively you're over-policing one area, leading to a reduced level of arrest/conviction per interaction, for optics. Because as soon as that ratio falls, you're being inefficient (excluding some elements like community policing, where you're not really looking for an arrest).

Post the stats up here

GF is mixed race white/Maori. Best m8 is Sri Lankan, of the "Dutch Burgher" ethnicity. "Enlightened centrist" is a satirical term:

I believe that the centre is the wisest place to be and I strive to get there, but I clearly lean right a lot of the time.

Peace be upon you Royce, I hope you realise soon that FK is actually a good bloke!

Dingus, did you just claim to be an enlightened centrist and provide this link for definition? It could not have described you any better.

They go to such lengths to defend any right wing position, that they even do dishonest research and present misinformation that serves a right-wing viewpoint. They don't give the left any charitable interpretation of what they say and often straw man and gaslight the left, especially when the left is calling out alt-right propaganda. These types of centrists have also proven to be Useful idiots for the alt-right, often jumping to the defense of alt-right figures who spin any challenge or opposition to their rhetoric or punishment for their actions as an "attack on free speech". This type of gullibility and manipulation has been proven to be a recruiting method for the alt-right as is presents the alt-righters as misunderstood centrists themselves, who are being silenced by the "evil SJWs"

Based on what?
Based on, this is America we are talking about.

It may not pass any reasonable sniff test to a lay person here, but people really need to stop pretending that Trump's defeat is a sure thing. It's not, far from it. There is rightly skepticism on how much polling can be trusted, and not even specifically because of 2016. It's not at all beyond the realms of possibility that there is a subset of people intending to support Trump who either refuse to participate in polling, or flat out lie about their intentions if they do.

The DNC have put up Joe Biden as the alternative. If I were American I'd vote for him, for no other reason that he isn't Trump; however, it is not exactly an inspiring choice.

If enough working class white people buy into Trump's weaponising of Covid and the societal tensions that fray at the edges in general then it also has an impact.

There also exists a plethora of possibilities for voter suppression and interference to play their part.

I hope I'm wrong on all of this, but if people keep projecting their dislike of Trump into believing there is no chance of his re-election, they are missing the forest for the trees.

Based on, this is America we are talking about.

It may not pass any reasonable sniff test to a lay person here, but people really need to stop pretending that Trump's defeat is a sure thing. It's not, far from it. There is rightly skepticism on how much polling can be trusted, and not even specifically because of 2016. It's not at all beyond the realms of possibility that there is a subset of people intending to support Trump who either refuse to participate in polling, or flat out lie about their intentions if they do.

The DNC have put up Joe Biden as the alternative. If I were American I'd vote for him, for no other reason that he isn't Trump; however, it is not exactly an inspiring choice.

If enough working class white people buy into Trump's weaponising of Covid and the societal tensions that fray at the edges in general then it also has an impact.

There also exists a plethora of possibilities for voter suppression and interference to play their part.

I hope I'm wrong on all of this, but if people keep projecting their dislike of Trump into believing there is no chance of his re-election, they are missing the forest for the trees.
Current predictions on here of whether Trump will win or lose appear to be based on little more than wishful thinking, defensive pessimism, and/or gut feeling.
These are unreliable, even when coated with a patina of "der polls".

You accuse me of strawmen but come at me with this Cathy Newman style childishness. See her interview with Jordan Peterson to know what I mean.
"You say you have a problem with weeks of 'demonstrations' that have resulted in 20+ deaths and hundreds of millions of dollars of damage... so you're saying you SUPPORT police brutality!?"
You said, in post #1681, that "It's not an "important issue" at all to anyone with a basic grasp of statistics", in reference to me saying the protests were about something important, police brutality and racism. You have repeatedly refused to condemn police brutality, and posted images of police murdering a white guy as evidence that its not worth protesting about. You seem so desperate to paint the idea of protesting as bad, you want to bring the violence that also occurred and conflate it, and make it all about the focus on black lives. Rather than the bigger picture which is also being protested.

But then, right wingers want to define #metoo as anti-man, and BLM as anti-white, to stoke their own vitriol. So its not really a surprise.

Oh, and nice straw man on the violence. "The left thinks a pool party is worse than a demonstration" gets converted into conflating demonstrating with rioting. Of course that comparison fails, because its an idiotic one. The vast bulk here that are lefties have condemned the violence (while pointing out there is often a dividing line between the protests and other events), but heh, when we say a pool party is worse than demonstrating we clearly mean the violent elements.
Thank you. The rest of your post is cliched waffle about how it's everyone's fault but their own. Which has some validity, but isn't the most helpful of messages to send.
Ok, so this is where I'll stop debating this with you, as it's clear you have no honesty in this debate. I write a detailed response laying out issues, and you just waive them off as waffle. If this was something they could do on their own, you might have a point. It clearly isn't, and shouldn't be. Putting your head in the ground to ignore all that evidence shows you don't have real desire to debate this, you just want to believe what you want and ignore facts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You are gullible if you think that Bubba wasn't fully aware that there was no hate crime committed from the start. He wanted his 15 minutes and you gooses gave it to him, while for the 500th time we right wingers pinched the bridges of our nose and sighed: they've fallen for yet another Jussie Smollett / Nathan Phillips. A garage door pull cord with a menacing 5cm loop? Stop insulting your own intelligence!
It's like these people have never heard of Occam's razor. Hint: it's not a shaving device :tearsofjoy:

Current predictions on here of whether Trump will win or lose appear to be based on little more than wishful thinking, defensive pessimism, and/or gut feeling.
These are unreliable, even when coated with a patina of "der polls".
Correct, and it applies both ways. Citing 2016 alone as proof of his likely re-election completely overlooks that we are in a very different place than four years ago, for example.

If you take the polls that are bouncing around on face value, and by that I mean some of the subsets like his apparent loss of support among women and older people, then yes he would appear to be in some strife; however, there is more than meets the eye here and there is still so much unpredictability about what happens over the next 120 days.

The state of the economy is important. If this new wave of Covid keeps going and people lose jobs again, I doubt that helps Trump.

Correct, and it applies both ways. Citing 2016 alone as proof of his likely re-election completely overlooks that we are in a very different place than four years ago, for example.

If you take the polls that are bouncing around on face value, and by that I mean some of the subsets like his apparent loss of support among women and older people, then yes he would appear to be in some strife; however, there is more than meets the eye here and there is still so much unpredictability about what happens over the next 120 days.

The state of the economy is important. If this new wave of Covid keeps going and people lose jobs again, I doubt that helps Trump.
Yes, that's what I meant, actually, should have made that clearer.

The entirety of the RW / Trump platform has now been boiled down to grifting. Everything is true, if you can monetise it. All you need is The Don to give the word and you can go for it, so long as he gets his cut.
He's like Tony Soprano - as long as the money comes up the chain and he gets his piece, he's happy.

Its why he gets so upset about all these books that come out. Not because he disputes the information but that people are making money off of him and he's not getting any.

The Lincoln Project know this and we're using it to target Pascale and the millions he's fleeced out of the campaign.

another thing to note re: those on the "what happened in 2016?" train - Democrats, media and survey researchers have spent ALOT of money on improving and strengthening poling techniques and resources, particularly in those key states after the 2016 debacle. not to say there wont necessarily be anomalies, but I'd be confident the poll figures in those key states would be a lot more accurate right now than they were at this stage four years ago. of course, polling doesnt allow for GOP voter suppression and related strategies, so there is still that...

Ah right, just another grifter. Same as Kaepernick :tearsofjoy:

You know he wasn't the person that found and reported it, yeah?

You have twisted every single element of what happened in to extremes, extremes with little relation to what actually happened, in order to justify your outrage.

Hold on, you do realise your words here are suited to the people who fabricated the 'racism' behind the noose, yeah?

Twisting things to justify outrage.

Why are you defending people who have used your emotions against you and deceived you?

Does it not bother you that you were deceived in such a fashion?

Based on what?

People love him, people hate him. He's the perfect heel for the circus of US politics.

He was a $5 outsider last election, this time round he's closer to $2.80 (atm).

Do the math. He's getting another four years.

Hold on, you do realise your words here are suited to the people who fabricated the 'racism' behind the noose, yeah?

Twisting things to justify outrage.

Why are you defending people who have used your emotions against you and deceived you?

Does it not bother you that you were deceived in such a fashion?

People love him, people hate him. He's the perfect heel for the circus of US politics.

He was a $5 outsider last election, this time round he's closer to $2.80 (atm).

Do the math. He's getting another four years.
There was no fabricated racism around the noose. As several contributors have noted; NASCAR asked for it to be investigated and found there was nothing behind it. No confected outrage.

Trump is currently at $2.30 (Bet365) to win in November, and was $2.75 in 2016.

Who knows what issues you have, but the decent folk on this thread don’t take kindly to campaigners that post blatant lies ... another ‘village idiot’ to place on ignore.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back