Play Nice 45th President of the United States: Donald Trump - Part 18: Insert your ideas here!

Remove this Banner Ad

Polls schmolls .
Too much focus on the polls.
They predicted a red wave in the midterms, it didn’t happen.
And they didn’t predict this in Alabama.

Well then, might as well put your mortgage on Biden winning in November then ?

I don't think the uncertainty can just be written off as inaccurate polls. Would be a dangerous strategy to do that, shades of 2016.

It is my hope, that the women of America turn this election in favour of Democracy, regardless of their religious conviction, I’m fairly certain there are enough that have had enough of religious intrusion into their personal choices and lives and their granddaughters/daughters.
Other than that, I’m more than certain that there are no where near enough Generals or High Brass military folk that would allow a Trump administration to take over the USA in the way that the MAGA/Heritage Foundation would hope for!
These(military) folk serve The Constitution first and only, anyone attempting to discolour and attack its foundations will find themselves up against the most powerful and millimetre perfect artillery ever devised.
Diaper boy would be ready to mark(lol, mulligan) his ball on the 15th at one of his shitty courses and cop a U.S Minuteman III up his clacker.
They serve no President, only country and the Founding Document, you’re kidding yourselves if you believe otherwise.
The guardrails are still in place, thank *!

I really hope you are right. I worry about the percentage of the military that might agree with the Heritage Foundation ideals enough to participate in a coup.

On an unrelated note, will the pending second civil war disrupt my travel plans to the US next year? Do I have to buy a stupid MAGA hat to blend in with the locals? What happens if the Mason-Dixon border guards find it in my luggage? Those Dem-city jails look pretty funky. I might book a trip to Myanmar instead.

You’ll be right, Trump loves people born in Austria.

Well done supreme court

Warning distressful story
It's really hard to comment on that it's very distressing , poor kid and mother being put in that position by Christian fundamentalists. The local authorities not responding is another telling reminder of how when you make laws like this the architects of this law can't or wont defend it.
Even if there is a supposed option to have an abortion in this state they have demonised it so much it's very unlikely that any medical practitioner would take this on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

‘DJT is what brokers call a “meme stock” and what the rest of us call a “sucker bet.” Meme stocks, of which GameStop is, in the words of The Street’s Martin Baccardax, “patient zero,” resemble internet memes in their volatility. When’s the last time you watched “Charlie bit me”? Probably not long before GameStop was last judged a plausible investment. To give you some sense of the culture behind the meme-stock phenomenon, meme-stock investors refer to themselves as “apes.” Apes can make money with meme stocks because, with the right mixture of tactical skill and dumb luck, you can make money with anything. But most apes end up like that poor bastard who gets his skull bashed in at the start of 2001: A Space Odyssey. The Securities and Exchange Commission would really prefer that you don’t invest in meme stocks.

It’s curious that Trump’s MAGA cult wants to invest in Truth Social but not to join Truth Social. After all, buying Truth Social will set you back 70 bucks a share. Joining Truth Social is free! MAGA Republicans number about 40 million, according to a January survey, and about one-third of these very unhinged extremists believe this country is on the brink of a violent civil war. Yet fewer than 2 percent will bestir themselves once a month to tap their computer keyboard to read the latest dispatch from MAGA Central.

No, the people buying Truth Social stock are either Apolitical Risk-Takers (APTs), hoping to ride the wave, or haut bourgeois True Believers (T.B.s). The T.B.s, I would guess, tend to be college-grad retirees, because about half of all MAGA types are retirees and not quite one-third hold college degrees.

Trump himself is part APT and part T.B. The big question for the Trump Media & Technology Group is which half of his brain will prevail. On the one hand, Trump wants to be president again, and Truth Social has the potential to become his Pravda, a very handy propaganda outlet under his complete control. On the other hand, Trump has this liquidity problem. Hence the temptation to Trump and dump.

Trump’s $4 billion stake in Truth Social constitutes more than half of all shares. He is barred for six months from selling any of that stake, unless he receives permission from the company’s board. Rather naïvely, I assumed this would be difficult, because so big a sell-off might look to regulators an awful lot like an illegal “pump and dump” scheme wherein some boiler-room sleazeball talks up the value of a stock to investors and then dumps his shares, making a killing while his clients lose their shirts. The Truth Social board would also likely worry that letting Trump smash the piggy bank would endanger the value of their own investment in the company and invite a lot of outraged shareholder lawsuits.

I figured all this, however, without considering the composition of Truth Social’s board, which turns out to consist of seven members, three of them former Trump administration officials (former U.S. Trade Representative Robert Lighthizer, former White House aide Kash Patel, and former Small Business Administration chief Linda McMahon). Former Representative Devin Nunes, whose reward for running interference during Trump’s first impeachment was to be named chief executive of Truth Social, makes four board members unlikely to contradict Trump, and a fifth is Don Jr., who wouldn’t know how. If Trump asked this board to jump off Trump Tower, it would race to the elevator and push “up.”

According to The Wall Street Journal’s Amrith Ramkumar, should Trump receive a waiver from his board, company rules will permit him to sell “several hundred million dollars worth of stock” over a three-month period. That will surely be sufficient to provoke a sell-off by the APTs (who by definition are in it only for the money) and to wipe out, in turn, the T.B.s, who bought shares because they believe in the once and future President Donald Trump. Maybe the T.B.s wouldn’t mind; maybe it’s even what they expect. Nine years after Trump burst onto the political scene, the most baffling truth about Trump is still best encapsulated by that great New Yorker cartoon from 2016 in which two lambs look up at a billboard showing the Big Bad Wolf, in suit and tie, saying, “I Am Going to Eat You.” In response, one lamb turns approvingly to the other and says, “He tells it like it is.”

More voter fraud
A judge ruled Wednesday that the Georgia Republican Party’s first vice chairman, Brian K. Pritchard, violated state election laws when he voted nine times while serving probation for a felony check forgery sentence.

Pritchard, a conservative talk show host, must pay a $5,000 fine and receive a public reprimand from the State Election Board, according to the decision by Administrative Law Judge Lisa Boggs.

I really hope you are right. I worry about the percentage of the military that might agree with the Heritage Foundation ideals enough to participate in a coup.
I think trump has said enough about the military and its people to persuade them enough to not allow him and the heritage to destroy the Constitution.
Some yokels believe that their AR 15’s and camo gear are any match for the U.S military?!
They are having a larf!

I think trump has said enough about the military and its people to persuade them enough to not allow him and the heritage to destroy the Constitution.
Some yokels believe that their AR 15’s and camo gear are any match for the U.S military?!
They are having a larf!
Looking forward to the Montana Militia versing the US Army, the Big Sky Boys will literally be pissing their cargo shorts

‘DJT is what brokers call a “meme stock” and what the rest of us call a “sucker bet.” Meme stocks, of which GameStop is, in the words of The Street’s Martin Baccardax, “patient zero,” resemble internet memes in their volatility. When’s the last time you watched “Charlie bit me”? Probably not long before GameStop was last judged a plausible investment. To give you some sense of the culture behind the meme-stock phenomenon, meme-stock investors refer to themselves as “apes.” Apes can make money with meme stocks because, with the right mixture of tactical skill and dumb luck, you can make money with anything. But most apes end up like that poor bastard who gets his skull bashed in at the start of 2001: A Space Odyssey. The Securities and Exchange Commission would really prefer that you don’t invest in meme stocks.

It’s curious that Trump’s MAGA cult wants to invest in Truth Social but not to join Truth Social. After all, buying Truth Social will set you back 70 bucks a share. Joining Truth Social is free! MAGA Republicans number about 40 million, according to a January survey, and about one-third of these very unhinged extremists believe this country is on the brink of a violent civil war. Yet fewer than 2 percent will bestir themselves once a month to tap their computer keyboard to read the latest dispatch from MAGA Central.

No, the people buying Truth Social stock are either Apolitical Risk-Takers (APTs), hoping to ride the wave, or haut bourgeois True Believers (T.B.s). The T.B.s, I would guess, tend to be college-grad retirees, because about half of all MAGA types are retirees and not quite one-third hold college degrees.

Trump himself is part APT and part T.B. The big question for the Trump Media & Technology Group is which half of his brain will prevail. On the one hand, Trump wants to be president again, and Truth Social has the potential to become his Pravda, a very handy propaganda outlet under his complete control. On the other hand, Trump has this liquidity problem. Hence the temptation to Trump and dump.

Trump’s $4 billion stake in Truth Social constitutes more than half of all shares. He is barred for six months from selling any of that stake, unless he receives permission from the company’s board. Rather naïvely, I assumed this would be difficult, because so big a sell-off might look to regulators an awful lot like an illegal “pump and dump” scheme wherein some boiler-room sleazeball talks up the value of a stock to investors and then dumps his shares, making a killing while his clients lose their shirts. The Truth Social board would also likely worry that letting Trump smash the piggy bank would endanger the value of their own investment in the company and invite a lot of outraged shareholder lawsuits.

I figured all this, however, without considering the composition of Truth Social’s board, which turns out to consist of seven members, three of them former Trump administration officials (former U.S. Trade Representative Robert Lighthizer, former White House aide Kash Patel, and former Small Business Administration chief Linda McMahon). Former Representative Devin Nunes, whose reward for running interference during Trump’s first impeachment was to be named chief executive of Truth Social, makes four board members unlikely to contradict Trump, and a fifth is Don Jr., who wouldn’t know how. If Trump asked this board to jump off Trump Tower, it would race to the elevator and push “up.”

According to The Wall Street Journal’s Amrith Ramkumar, should Trump receive a waiver from his board, company rules will permit him to sell “several hundred million dollars worth of stock” over a three-month period. That will surely be sufficient to provoke a sell-off by the APTs (who by definition are in it only for the money) and to wipe out, in turn, the T.B.s, who bought shares because they believe in the once and future President Donald Trump. Maybe the T.B.s wouldn’t mind; maybe it’s even what they expect. Nine years after Trump burst onto the political scene, the most baffling truth about Trump is still best encapsulated by that great New Yorker cartoon from 2016 in which two lambs look up at a billboard showing the Big Bad Wolf, in suit and tie, saying, “I Am Going to Eat You.” In response, one lamb turns approvingly to the other and says, “He tells it like it is.”
Bizarre framing on that article ie. "Would he really screw over MAGA investors to cover his gargantuan legal debts?"

ofcourse-uhyeah.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back