Play Nice 46th President of the United States: Joe Biden (1) O Brave New World

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope that you are not reflective of your posting history. It really depresses me reading some of your posts.:(

Such a negative view of all that is not 'your' side.

I have that same feeling about many many posters on BF. I genuinely hope that what they post is only reflective of their online persona rather than the person actually posting the stuff.

Last edited:
politicians talking a big game to get the vote and then nothing being done because the details are both complicated and far too long winded to ever actually talk about in 2 minutes during a debate or interview on TV.

Next election I want both the candidates to sit down with someone like Joe Rogan and have them real time challenged on things they say, pulling up things they've previously said, making them answer specifics.
I agree with the first bit, but Joe Rogan is a sycophant who often just agrees with people like Alex Jones instead of grilling them properly. He’s got a business selling kettle bells and supplements and he wants to keep his audience.

View attachment 1003958

President Joe Biden
Vice President Kamala Harris

Secretaries of:
Agriculture - Amy Klobuchar
Commerce -
Defense - Tammy Duckworth
Education - Dr Jill B
Energy - John Delaney
Health and Human Services - Pramila Jayapal
Homeland Security - AOC
Housing and Urban Development - Keisha Lance Bottoms
Interior -
Labor - Bernie Sanders
State - Susan Rice
Transportation - Eric Garcetti
Treasury -
Veterans Affairs - Pete Buttigieg
Attorney General -
White House Chief of Staff - Ron Klein

Okay, who’s posturing for where? I can’t think of who AG might be

And what will Dems first act be?

National mask mandate
then Green New Deal
then uncage the kids
DC & PR statehood?

4 years of relative sanity, here we come!

I predict the doomsday preppers will be going on a buying spree with that duo at the helm

But Obama and Biden didn't get any mileage out of not being able to achieve what they wanted in the first 2 years? In fact they got punished pretty severely for it at the midterms?
Didn't the Democrats have all three houses after the 2008 election? Perhaps the people expected something to be done with that.

Prediction: Harris to be in a Cheney like role....handling some of the more mundane jobs, overseeing bureaucracy, managing military, energy, foreign policy..things of that nature.
She starting up her own military security company and calling it whitewater?

Well thats something different. Promising the things you need to promise, to get people to vote for you.

The reason all politicians lie, is because voters elect liars. If we didn't, they wouldn't lie.

People elected Trump because he promised to build the wall. He didn't, but people voted for the promise of the wall, not the wall. And if they didn't know they were voting for an empty promise, more fool them.

But none of this is what you were complaining about. Politicians becoming president, then the status quo doesn't change. Obama was a reforming president, and I believe he meant most of the stuff he promised, but he was never going to be able to deliver most of it. That doesn't make him a president that was in the pockets of entrenched political establishments, it just means this stuff is really hard to do, and promises are easy to make (and get you elected), and hard to keep, even when you want to.
It's exactly what I'm complaining about. Well, what I'm cynical about. I expect all the politicians know what they are capable of, they've been in the game long enough but they make promises anyway, then very little changes because they can't move the needle. They appeal to the up to 1/3rd of the population who will vote for them ahead of the 1/3rd of the population voting for the other guy by appealing to the more extreme positions, then don't achieve it and blame the system.

They know the system.

We saw with the Jack Dorsey podcast that Rogan will pick and choose who he grills. Doesn't want scare off other potential guests. We also saw him recently say he would absolutely go hard at Biden fact checking everything he says. Clearly he wouldn't / couldn't go that hard at Trump as everything he says is a lie and it would just be impossible.

It's exactly what I'm complaining about. Well, what I'm cynical about. I expect all the politicians know what they are capable of, they've been in the game long enough but they make promises anyway, then very little changes because they can't move the needle. They appeal to the up to 1/3rd of the population who will vote for them ahead of the 1/3rd of the population voting for the other guy by appealing to the more extreme positions, then don't achieve it and blame the system.

They know the system.
Yeah, but that's our job as voters.

Like I said, if we didn't elect liars, they wouldn't lie.

People prefer a politician that says what they want to hear. Regardless.

On moto g(6) plus using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There have been numerous investigations into voter fraud and the impact or instance of it is negligible.

Consider in our own election, you rock up, mark your name off, and say that you haven't voted yet that day. Hardly the strictest check is it? I can barely be bothered voting once let alone multiple times.

Didn't the Democrats have all three houses after the 2008 election? Perhaps the people expected something to be done with that.
They used all their political capital on the Affordable Care Act.

Its pretty standard for Administrations to only get one major piece of their platform done in the first 2 years

Time for the 25th Amendment. The guy is a criminal, and mad along with it.
Should let Biden at least see out inauguration day before we enact our master plan to install Harris as Prez... :p

Semi related, but if the mid terms have the usual swing against the white house and repubs take the house and Dems can't take the senate, I'd be surprised if the Republicans let Biden serve out his full term.

Based on how many repub seats are up for grabs v dem seats in 2022, the Dems should take the senate. It's something like 22 to 11. But I'm not taking into account the respective strength of each candidate who's seat is up for election.

In a country of over 300 million people, I would imagine at least one person has voted multiple times.
It doesn't matter how many times you vote, it matters how many times your vote is counted.

It gets counted once.

In Australia, you could drive around to every voting location and vote. The number of votes you cast is limited only by the number of polling stations you can reach in the day. You don't think there isn't a cross reference?

Every count gets signed off by 2 Republicans and 2 Democrats.

It doesn't matter how many times you vote, it matters how many times your vote is counted.

It gets counted once.

In Australia, you could drive around to every voting location and vote. The number of votes you cast is limited only by the number of polling stations you can reach in the day. You don't think there isn't a cross reference?

Every count gets signed off by 2 Republicans and 2 Democrats.

How would they know what one is yours?

I assume you'd get fined because your name is marked off at multiple locations... But in terms of what it would mean for the count the ballot is in the box already.

How would they know what one is yours?

I assume you'd get fined because your name is marked off at multiple locations... But in terms of what it would mean for the count the ballot is in the box already.
If your mail in vote was processed before election day, you would be stopped from voting in Person.
If your mail in vote was processed after election day and you voted in person, your mail in vote would be stopped.

I'll just leave this here :tearsofjoy:

0589a831a535c59c39f6c8f69f94c12c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back