Player Watch #5 Isaac Heeney

Remove this Banner Ad

capi_20204fe48fe689ed7f64257f118480f7_5448b88f13b55c5d56f99426e47adf40.jpeg

Isaac Heeney

Isaac Heeney is a crowd favourite and one of the best young players in the competition. The QBE Sydney Swans Academy graduate won the 2018 AFL Mark of the Year award, was selected in the AFL Players’ Association’s 22Under22 team in two of his eligible four years and played his 100th senior game in 2019. Heeney can be used in the midfield, forward line – where he booted four goals in star teammate Lance Franklin’s absence in Round 20 last year – or as a loose man in defence.

Isaac Heeney
DOB: 05 May 1996
DEBUT: 2015
DRAFT: #18, 2014 National Draft
RECRUITED FROM: Cardiff (NSW)

I think it was just one of those games where it doesnt matter what you did as an individual, the result was the same. To lay the blame on one player is poor.

where did I lay the blame on one player

You said he was shithouse. Against an avalanche, as I said these games happen. Calling a player shithouse. Well you did. And apparently you stand by it. Go ahead. Call all players shithouse. It is your right as a "fan".

ok thats not what I asked, I will try again
where did i lay the blame on one player?

For the money he's on we should be getting more from him.

With his two big deals he likely earnt more than buddy has over his time at the club ( if numbers are to be believed)

He has played some bloody great footy,

all i said was he was shithouse today, which he was

You were blaming his performance. As I said, these types of games happen. To lay the boot in is poor form. For a star of the club he can say his game was shithouse. For you to back over it is poor form.

lets try one more time see if you can answer

where did i lay the blame one one player?

You are on his thread. We cannot talk about anyone else can we?

lol , I am not going to try for four times, because you can't answer

how about you stop making baseless claims or calling people s**t supporters then,

I will answer for you
I didnt lay blame on him
this is the Heeney thread

i said he was attrocious, I stand by it, he was, anyone who thinks he wasn't is kidding themselves

if that means you want to question my support of the club, well good luck to you, i love the club supported all my life and know how I feel about it, especially today,

How about we just leave it there on heeney the both of us and move on, shitty day for us all I am sure

lol , I am not going to try for four times, because you can't answer

how about you stop making baseless claims or calling people s**t supporters then,

I will answer for you
I didnt lay blame on him
this is the Heeney thread

i said he was attrocious, I stand by it, he was, anyone who thinks he wasn't is kidding themselves

if that means you want to question my support of the club, well good luck to you, i love the club supported all my life and know how I feel about it, especially today,

How about we just leave it there on heeney the both of us and move on, shitty day for us all I am sure
I will agree. It was a shitty day. And I am really in no mood. No worries.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What is your excuse as a supporter. Poor form today.

Really? we just lost by EIGHTY POINTS

Not 25 or 30 but EIGHTY

For all the s**t that Fremantle and Adelaide and West Coast copped at least they mounted some sort of fight and comeback our game was over in the first 15 mins.

Now i didn't fork out thousands of dollars to go and watch that but i cant imagine sitting there for 3hrs in a shithole stadium knowing the game was gone in the first 15mins.

Really? we just lost by EIGHTY POINTS

Not 25 or 30 but EIGHTY

For all the s**t that Fremantle and Adelaide and West Coast copped at least they mounted some sort of fight and comeback our game was over in the first 15 mins.

Now i didn't fork out thousands of dollars to go and watch that but i cant imagine sitting there for 3hrs in a shithole stadium knowing the game was gone in the first 15mins.
That performance today was unforgivable

I'm convinced his ankle is really hampering his performances. A player of Heeney's calibre doesn't put in superstar performances, and then just all of a sudden turn into an average role player overnight. When he's fully fit, he's capable of extraordinary performances, which to me suggests he's far from 100% fit atm. He kicked 4 in the EF against GWS last year, so he's shown he's been able to perform in big games before.

In saying that, I hope he's not on 900k per season. If he is, he's significant'y overpaid, particularly given injuries are preventing him from performing at the level you'd expect a player on that salary.

2023 is the year he must start delivering consistent high quality performances. Needs to repay the faith the club has shown in him, I just hope his body doesn't continue to let him down, otherwise it'll be a case of unfulfilled potential.

The problem with heeney is not that he isn’t a star. It’s that he is paid like he’s lachie Neale or christian petracca but he plays more like Dan mcstay or Charlie spargo.

it’s ok to underperform - Grundy is an example - but it effects your list management. With buddy already swallowing vast amounts of coin, heeney was extremely expensive given his inconstebcies form.

I really like heeney but when playing as a forward he needs to be able to hold the ball.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back