Past 5. Sam Petrevski-Seton

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe its my green shoot coloured glasses, but Samo seems to be in the packs looking to be involved, rather than outside them watching for opportunities. Gets really close to the action sometimes, so more chance for him to grab hold of the ball.

You're not wrong, Samo is a hybrid inside/outside midfielder.

He'll assess whether it's the right time to get his own ball or wait outside if Cripps is in a strong position to extract it, all in a matter of milliseconds.

Maybe its my green shoot coloured glasses
31uO2BzEAZL.jpg

He is super clean with the footy. And moves well too. His decision-making was excellent. On a number of occasions instead of just blazing away he found a target.

I can really see him being a mid to high 20 possession, but really high impact player. Sort of like Shaun Burgoyne from the Hawks, but a bit more attacking.

Needs to put on another 10 to 15 kg and build a better tank. In particular he need a bit more strength through the legs. He's only 18. That'll come over the next two or three years.

We found a player here.

You're not wrong, Samo is a hybrid inside/outside midfielder.

He'll assess whether it's the right time to get his own ball or wait outside if Cripps is in a strong position to extract it, all in a matter of milliseconds.
Yeah fantastic to watch, and I guess what I'm saying badly is that he seems to wait inside, rather than outside. His proximity to Cripps can be closer than what i normally see.

He is super clean with the footy. And moves well too. His decision-making was excellent. On a number of occasions instead of just blazing away he found a target.

I can really see him being a mid to high 20 possession, but really high impact player. Sort of like Shaun Burgoyne from the Hawks, but a bit more attacking.

Needs to put on another 10 to 15 kg and build a better tank. In particular he need a bit more strength through the legs. He's only 18. That'll come over the next two or three years.

We found a player here.
Another 7 kgs or so will do just fine. Plenty if strength and keeps his speed.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Haven't seen the replay and only heard some of the game on Grandstand, but it struck me how often the highlighted passages of play that led to us scoring that this guy seemed to have involvement. One of those players that seems to make things happen just by being in a chain of play.

1st of many 20+ disposal games for Samo. :thumbsu:

May have already been mentioned somewhere but this guy will be a player.

Stat line reads: 20 disposals (8 contested), 6 marks, 19 pressure acts (4th on team behind Cripps (25), Murphy (23) and Graham (21)), 5 score involvements, 2 goal assists and a goal himself.

Like T2B_ mentioned, when the play runs through Samo we generally do okay. :)

And he did this with only 92 minutes of game time.

Samo + tank = :fire:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love watching Samo. Creates something out of very little, more often than not.

He's one of those players that you have to look hard as to what he's actually doing.

It's so many little things that don't look outstanding but actually are, that sets him apart already....once the commentators catch sight of them...watch out.

He's one of those players that you have to look hard as to what he's actually doing.

It's so many little things that don't look outstanding but actually are, that sets him apart already....once the commentators catch sight of them...watch out.
Alway has twice as many tackles as you can remember.

Harker spot on but I don't really want him to get the wankfest like Rioli.

Where does one start?

Well, start with the fact that SPS was only on the ground for 79 minutes, 2nd lowest in the entire game.

But the guy still manages a near BoG performance?

22 disposals (17 kicks, 10 contested), 2 goals, 7 score involvements (equal 1st on team) and 20 pressure acts (5th on team).

His impact on games once he has a few pre-seasons to build on? Frightening.

:fire:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back