Past #50: Ben Brown - Traded to Melbourne with 2020 #28 + 2021 R4 for 2020 #26 #33 + 2021 R4(Bris) - 130 gms / 287 gls - thanks Ben

Remove this Banner Ad

There are but goal assists are pretty telling. Both Brown and Cameron are stars and team first players.

New stat: Burn Assists - A player with goal goggles refuses to see other players even unmanned players & fires away from anywhere.

Jeremy Cameron would have more burn assists than any other player. Its a big factor in why the GWS have yet to really fire as a team since inception. They were all star players playing team me football & it was worse when they additionally had Devon Smith & Toby Green they were as bad as each other although Toby is better now as he matured.

I reckon they'll pick Cameron and Hawkins, and he'll vie with Darling for a third forward spot.

Good chance to make it I'd say, just based on the gap to third in terms of goal kicking.

Brown needs to have a season that makes it imposible for the AA selectors to not pick him, around 80 goals and North to finish top 4.

I hope him and rest of the team get a full preseason in and fire from the start next year.

OK,

I've broken down each of their seasons, I've attributed a points value for each side from 1-18 in reverse ladder position, 1 goal vs GC is worth 1 point, 1 goal vs Geelong is worth 18 points as an example.

Ben Brown: 22 games, 64 goals, = 671 points total. 30.5 points per game, 10.48 points per goal.

Jeremy Cameron: 20 games, 67 goals = 595 points total. 29.75 points per game, 8.88 points per goal.

Tom Hawkins: 22 games, 52 goals = 440 points in total. 20.00 points per game, 8.46 points per goal.

Jack Darling: 22 games, 54 goals = 464 points total. 21.09 points per fame, 8.59 points per goal

Brown clearly kicked his goals on average against better opposition.

Last edited:
OK,

I've broken down each of their seasons, I've attributed a points value for each side from 1-18 in reverse ladder position, 1 goal vs GC is worth 1 point, 1 goal vs Geelong is worth 18 points as an example.

Ben Brown: 22 games, 64 goals, = 671 points total. 30.5 points per game, 10.48 points per goal.

Jeremy Cameron: 20 games, 67 goals = 595 points total. 29.75 points per game, 8.88 points per goal.

Tom Hawkins: 22 games, 52 goals = 440 points in total. 20.00 points per game, 8.46 points per goal.

Send that in to Gerard Whately while he’s on air today discussing the AA team mate.

Wish our mids were as consistent.

Brown would kick a 100 every season.
If there were he go close to 100 but needs to be taught different ways to move in the forward 50 ark.
Hopefully the new forward coach can teach him and not like the dill we had in that position.
A 70 to 100 goal season would push us towards the finals and maybe the 5th flag and finally AA selection.

Send that in to Gerard Whately while he’s on air today discussing the AA team mate.

Brown kicked his goals on average against top 8 sides.

The other 3 kicked their goals on average against bottom 8 sides.

OK,

Jack Darling: 22 games, 54 goals = 464 points total. 21.09 points per fame, 8.59 points per goal

Nah cause see Hawkins team mates kicked goals, which is clearly the best way to gain an idea of his ability to kick goals. Not his fewer contested marks, not his fewer contested possesions either, those are the bad stats.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah cause see Hawkins team mates kicked goals, which is clearly the best way to gain an idea of his ability to kick goals. Not his fewer contested marks, not his fewer contested possesions either, those are the bad stats.

That was how Cam Mooney won the Norm Smith in 1999.

Sure he had duck eggs himself but that allowed his teammates to collectively win a premiership.

OK,

Again the compromised draw a factor.

Best performances of the year for each player by points ranking:

Brown: 90 points vs Geelong in Round 8 - Kicked 5.0, 90 points vs Port Adelaide in round 22 - Kicked 10.1
Cameron: 112 points vs Richmond in Round 3 - Kicked 7.5
Hawkins: 64 points vs Richmond in Round 12 - Kicked 4.1
Darling: 72 points vs Western Bulldogs in Round 11 - Kicked 6.1
Tom Lynch: 75 points vs Collingwood in Round 19 - Kicked 5.1

Last edited:
I reckon the team was decided on before the Port game. At that time Ben was probably only a couple of goals ahead of Hawkins.
It's time for a computer to pick the team as it won't be bias.

I reckon you’re most likely right. There was an extraordinary amount of negativity directed at a guy who had just kicked 10. In hindsight it reeked of trying to justify a decision already made.

I've done the same thing for goal assists:

Ben Brown: 22 games, = 44 assist points total. 2.00 assist points per game

Jeremy Cameron: 20 games, 61 assist points total = 3.05 assist points per game

Tom Hawkins: 22 games, 221 assist points in total = 10.04 assist points per game

Jack Darling: 22 games, 139 assist points in total = 6.31 assist points per game

Tom Lynch: 22 games, 127 assist points in total = 5.77 assist points per game

Even if you attribute the last possession before a goal the same value as a scored goal, which is a bit ridiculous it results in this:

Ben Brown: 22 games, = Goal/Assist points per game = 32.5 points per game

Jeremy Cameron: 20 games = Goal/Assist points per game = 32.8 points points per game

Tom Hawkins: 22 games = Goal/Assist points per game = 30.04 points points per game

Jack Darling: 22 games = Goal/Assist points per game = 27.40 points points per game

Tom Lynch: 22 games = Goal/Assist points per game = 28.36 points points per game

Remove this Banner Ad

Back