Player Watch #6: George Wardlaw - two-time RS nominee ('23 &'24) - the Warlord - managed vs Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

"George is in a purely reconditioning phase," head of performance Kevin White told North Media.

"He's had a lot of interruptions over the last two years; he had COVID two years ago and a series of soft tissue injuries last year.

"When he was integrated into main training at the start, some of the baseline testing with his strength and fitness showed that he was a little bit off where the main group is.

"(However) for his power measurements in the gym, he was No.1 at the club."

The high performance team decided to take the 18-year-old out of the main group, and tailored a six-week program to improve his baseline strength and conditioning.

"(We'll) re-assess after that six-week block where George sits to reintegrate among the main group, and look towards games and beyond."

Daniel Day Lewis Nod GIF by hero0fwar

I’m assuming it’s isometrics like a mid thigh pull and a bunch of jump testing using force plates? Just a guess since I would assume since it’s power (production)

But power could also mean hang cleans

For the clueless like me, does this mean we finally have a draft pick with a body that's 'AFL ready'?
It indicates a significant scope for development. No real physical prep for the last two years, consider his potential after 3 years in a professional system.

He will be an explosive beast.

For the clueless like me, does this mean we finally have a draft pick with a body that's 'AFL ready'?
Considering he has no endurance, no

I’m assuming it’s isometrics like a mid thigh pull and a bunch of jump testing using force plates? Just a guess since I would assume since it’s power (production)

But power could also mean hang cleans
Why the f*** would we be testing draftees or any player by having them do hang cleans?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why the f*** would we be testing draftees or any player by having them do hang cleans?
Calm down rambo,

I never said we did, those are just some examples of testing power. If you read properly I said I was just guessing😃

Because it’s literally in the national protocols of the assessment of strength and power ‘muscles’
But of no relevance to the NMFC or the assessments we would be undertaking. So again, what's the point of bringing it up?

But of no relevance to the NMFC or the assessments we would be undertaking. So again, what's the point of bringing it up?
did someone piss in your cereal this morning?

did someone piss in your cereal this morning?
No, I just don't give a sh*t about the S&C you've studied or the PT work you've done or whatever it is that has lead you to try and flex the national protocols of strength and power when it is totally irrelevant to the testing Wardlaw would have done.

No, I just don't give a sh*t about the S&C you've studied or the PT work you've done or whatever it is that has lead you to try and flex the national protocols of strength and power when it is totally irrelevant to the testing Wardlaw would have done.
nice melt lol

For someone that doesn't give a s**t you seem awfully wound up about it

Good for you, stop whinging then if you don't give a s**t.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back