Player Watch #7: Jack Viney (VC) – 200th this weekend

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe the players should be practicing their nipple cripples now.
"If the AFL wanna be serious about protecting the head they need to stamp noogies out of the game."

Vineys defence “ he made me do it “. This should end well 😀

As I said it's like big brother little brother stuff. Little brother provoked big brother, big brother retaliated, mum grounded big brother.
was watching Mark Jackson's open mike last night as it popped up in my recommended and I hadn't seen it in years while remembering it was pretty funny originally, and I tell you, hes actually a genius, could see the way this sport was going over a decade ago. spooky how accurate he was about a lot of things.

"I hope you get cancer in your fingers so you can stop writing bullshit.

Everyone knows he got suspended because of the George Floyd sh*t. You got some whiney bitches online who think 'it could kill him' and bang suspension

Remember when the Tigers players were tickling Chol's ding a ling and Liz Ellis turned it into a racist issue. Pretty sure she said it was senior white players stamping their authority over the poor younger person of colour. Was completely ridiculous.

As I said it's like big brother little brother stuff. Little brother provoked big brother, big brother retaliated, mum grounded big brother.

"I hope you get cancer in your fingers so you can stop writing bullshit.

Remember when the Tigers players were tickling Chol's ding a ling and Liz Ellis turned it into a racist issue. Pretty sure she said it was senior white players stamping their authority over the poor younger person of colour. Was completely ridiculous.

Worst part is as soon as you bring race into you basically can't get called out for what you say no matter how stupid it is.

I would replace can't with won't. All the panellists on these shows all have the same group think. Not many I can think of that would call it out, probably Sam Newman and he's gone.
Yup like him or hate him there's no contrary views to these things any more it's all one big echo chamber which leads to a pile on.

Built for finals footy this bloke.

Instrumental in helping turn our culture around as well. I remember a story about him speaking up after a game in his 1st season telling senior blokes that the effort wasn't good enough. Trains hard and happy to sacrifice for his team. Limited player but tough. Always screamed leader to me even though he doesn't appear to be or want to be best mates with everyone. I'm glad he's still vc and I'd love for him to win a premiership. It feels like his destiny really..

Built for finals footy this bloke.

Instrumental in helping turn our culture around as well. I remember a story about him speaking up after a game in his 1st season telling senior blokes that the effort wasn't good enough. Trains hard and happy to sacrifice for his team. Limited player but tough. Always screamed leader to me even though he doesn't appear to be or want to be best mates with everyone. I'm glad he's still vc and I'd love for him to win a premiership. It feels like his destiny really..
It felt so very reassuring seeing him out there crunching blokes and playing 4th wheel in the middle.

Gave Zorko the business, well done Jack.
All I wanted to see was Zorko do himself a mischief, but we didn’t get it. Nevertheless smacked him.

Yeah, Zorko was the danger man and he offered nothing with Viney following him around.

Tantalising to think he could play on Wines in a GF - childhood friends and all that.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's a real bulldozer at the moment and has picked up quite a few frees for in the finals with his toughness in the contest.

The fit in the middle is fine now that the two stars have started running away with the ball.
they running like they just stole some s**t in America and the cops are on their arse

Boys won't get up for his 150th, he'll get up for them.

Sore body whoever he plays on in the GF

Love his synergy with Clarry and Oliver in the first 2 finals.

Not over complicating things, just getting first to the footy and releasing the other 2 with smart handballs. They seem to finally all be on the same page in there (with Gawny too) - and exactly the right time. Knowing when to take on the tackle and when to dish off quickly.

Barely seen them all butt heads trying to win the footy. Seems to be a lot of trust between them. Hopefully it stands up under the pressure of a GF and they don't revert back to old habits of "I'll do it all myself"

Would love to see him given first crack at Libba and given the task to get under their skins in there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back