Player Watch #7: Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Happy to re sign Bakes, because we’ll lose a lot of experience at the end of the season and he’s a leader and much loved player around the club. And a very good player.
But I wouldn’t be getting into a bidding war with either of the WA clubs. Have the war chest ready to go for a KPF when an A grader becomes available.
That’s the decider for mine , I’m not paying overs to keep bakes , we ll need to pony up for Balta , I’d be slapping a long term multi million deal in front of him now as a nice surprise , bakes at very worst is wc r1 , best 15-18 from freo

Spot on, he is not going anywhere. From what I know and heard, he feels he also owes the tigers for taking the chance on him and he is super keen to get us back up the ladder. He wont bail.
That may be the case.. but what what if Freo or West coast deal is too good for us to refuse?

What price is right for us?

Offered a 1 game suspension. Pretty pathetic when you see Pendlebury get off with a fine for a gut punch that had Neale down for a while.

Offered a 1 game suspension. Pretty pathetic when you see Pendlebury get off with a fine for a gut punch that had Neale down for a while.

We have to accept it, although didn't think there was much in it, it could have been worse.

We have to accept it, although didn't think there was much in it, it could have been worse.
Yeah it could've been worse and he's extremely lucky it wasn't, otherwise he'd be looking at over 6 weeks off. I agree it's medium impact, and I'm not surprised in the outcome, I'm just frustrated that it's still so inconsistent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is payback for winning the free kick count on the weekend
This narrative is starting to hit the media and public arena now, so much so that the AFL cant ignore it forever. I expect we will see a better umpiring "agenda"

Yeah it could've been worse and he's extremely lucky it wasn't, otherwise he'd be looking at over 6 weeks off. I agree it's medium impact, and I'm not surprised in the outcome, I'm just frustrated that it's still so inconsistent.
What would be low impact that is high? Why even have a low impact rating for high contact if they aren't going to use it? This is worse than what Maynard did?

I think he deserves 1 week minimum, purely based on the precedent thats been set.

He shouldn't get off.

Happy to re sign Bakes, because we’ll lose a lot of experience at the end of the season and he’s a leader and much loved player around the club. And a very good player.
But I wouldn’t be getting into a bidding war with either of the WA clubs. Have the war chest ready to go for a KPF when an A grader becomes available.

I'd hate to lose him too. It hasn't been our style to pay overs to retain players. But how good is Baker? set shots from 50, insane wet weather marking skills.

Plays mid, back and fwd. He's great viewing. If we didn't get a FA KPF. Give him a bit of Dusty money.

If the 2 WA clubs get into a bidding war be nice!

Ellis, Chol, CJ, Menadue, have been meh, players. Baker is a great, be very sad to see him line up in oppo colours. and worse than Billy Barrott who was injury stuffed when he left.

Last edited:
I'd hate to lose him too. It hasn't been our style to pay overs to retain players. But how good is Baker? set shots from 50, insane wet weather marking skills.

Plays mid, back and fwd. He's great viewing. If we didn't get a FA KPF. Give him a bit of Dusty money.

If the 2 WA clubs get into a bidding war be nice!

Ellis, Chol, CJ, Menadue, have been meh, players. Baker is a great, be very sad to see him line up in oppo colours. and worse than Billy Barrott who was injury stuffed when he left.
I'd be interested to see if any free agents would want to go to WC. They are very bad and will be for quite some time.

Would $$$ be enough of a carrot?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back