Player Watch #7: Zane Duursma

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it was Twomey who was heavily reporting at one stage that Essendon wanted to swap picks with us, but was offering to increase the bid for McKay if we did.

If what held that up was McKay asking the Hawks for the same money without the BS, then that's hilarious.

Anyway, Duursma looks incredible. Duursma for Reid was essentially the swap that we made from winning that game against the Gold Coast, and I doubt we're ever regretting that decision.
Exactly right Duursma for Ried so for all the supporters winging about us winning the last game means nothing. We won a game of footy made a lot of players very happy by winning and still ended up with a gun by the looks of thing. Every win is sacred regardless of the draft cost.

Dudes can literally just sit around and name Tasmanians and have the best time
To be fair this works literally 100% of the time if you replace "tasmanians" with any other group. North players from the 00s. Kasey Green

Exactly right Duursma for Ried so for all the supporters winging about us winning the last game means nothing. We won a game of footy made a lot of players very happy by winning and still ended up with a gun by the looks of thing. Every win is sacred regardless of the draft cost.

If we drafted reid, it could be of the same issue as phillips in that we have duplicate of same type as uniacke, wardlaw are already in the middle plus phillips on the sidelines.

Is there anything to worry about with Zane jumping under the ball. Please tell me there isn’t a touch of the (deleted name) in avoiding contact. Didn’t lay a finger on it in a couple of contests yesterday by jumping in front of the pack.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is there anything to worry about with Zane jumping under the ball. Please tell me there isn’t a touch of the (deleted name) in avoiding contact. Didn’t lay a finger on it in a couple of contests yesterday by jumping in front of the pack.
I wouldn't be to bothered watching him time Mark superbly the week before.

Reckon he needs a spell.

Has shown a tonne of potential,but looked a little bit laboured/gassed at times yeserday. Hopefully we can give him the week off if Zurhaar is back this week.
Has he shown a tonne of potential?

Apart from a few nice moments in his first game he has looked off the pace at AFL level and clearly isn't ready yet. Not all high draft picks hit the mark straight away and it's no slight on him but his form doesn't warrant re-selection.

Agree that Zurhaar should be back next week in place of him.

Biggest long term worry for me with Duursma is that his disposal and decision making hasn't filled me with confidence thus far.

Reckon he needs a spell.

Has shown a tonne of potential,but looked a little bit laboured/gassed at times yeserday. Hopefully we can give him the week off if Zurhaar is back this week.

I agree he needs a spell but I'd be inclined to hold until the Crows in Tasmania the week after. The last few weeks have been brutal, back at home to a fellow battler might be the bite of the cherry he needs.

Has he shown a tonne of potential?

Apart from a few nice moments in his first game he has looked off the pace at AFL level and clearly isn't ready yet. Not all high draft picks hit the mark straight away and it's no slight on him but his form doesn't warrant re-selection.

Agree that Zurhaar should be back next week in place of him.

Biggest long term worry for me with Duursma is that his disposal and decision making hasn't filled me with confidence thus far.

Should've been a bit more specific, has shown a tonne of potential with regards to his marking.

Agree that his disposal at this stage has been a bit hit and miss. I had the same concerns with him leading up to the draft.

Should've been a bit more specific, has shown a tonne of potential with regards to his marking.

Agree that his disposal at this stage has been a bit hit and miss. I had the same concerns with him leading up to the draft.
Yeah I think if he makes it (in terms of justifying the draft pick) it will be as a marking and creative half forward. Definitely looks good when he's contesting, with a bit more strength can see him holding onto more.

Is clean in congestion and sees releasing handballs others don’t from one touch pick ups.
Small sample size but it’s there.

Would love to see him up on the wing for 5 minutes a quarter. Half forward can go missing even in the best of teams sometimes and it’s no surprise that in our baron wasteland forward of centre he does too.

If we can get it in his hands 10 times forward of centre, good things will happen.
Also kicking it to his advantage for once might actually help him use his hands and leap.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back