Retired #9: Brendon Goddard - Retires a winner - Thanks for everything BJ

Remove this Banner Ad

Matt Thompson on SEN last night said the only thing stopping the media from officially reporting the story was because of the way FA is set up, which allows St Kilda the right to match the contract offered by Essendon.

BJ in the red and black is as definitive as you can get without the conditions/legalities of FA to consider.

Is there something about this process that others are finding unsatisfying?

We seem to be fighting with about 10 of our players over the terms of their contracts the signing of which is basically being delayed until we can figure out whether we have signed Goddard.

I'd just like be able to throw our weight around once. Even with free agency we are still ****** around with all of these other problems.

Seems like the system is in need of serious refining.

Having said this, it is good to see EFC leading the way in the new climate for once.
I'm quite sure it's not 10 players being held up. There are a few that have contracts on the table such as Jetta, Hille, Gumbleton and Davey according to reports.
But irrespective of the number, this is not something that's new from free agency. The same thing happens every year at every club. Sign up all the must haves early, slowly work your way through remaining players in order of priority, then leave a handful of players open to give you some room to move during trade week if something arises. The introduction of free agency hasn't changed anything here.

So excited i've put Goddard in the bombers team in AFL Live on Xbox360! Same hgt and weight....he goes well in the centre and Joe Daniher is playing CHF......Monday must be GODDARD DAY!...PLEEEEEEEEASE

The Saints have up to 3 days to match the offer. However that is a maximum, they can say within a minute we're out and it's all over.
Word is that we have been reducing our offer to him substantially as the year has gone on and are effectively pushing him out the door, so it's fair to say we won't be matching any offer. In fact, we are now apparently offering not much more than half of what you guys are.

Word is that we have been reducing our offer to him substantially as the year has gone on and are effectively pushing him out the door, so it's fair to say we won't be matching any offer. In fact, we are now apparently offering less than half of what you guys are.

Have hear simular, and that the Saint's really won't even bother contenting it.

I'd love to have him, no guarantee of success. But fills one of the Bombers voids, if it pans out.

Have hear simular, and that the Saint's really won't even bother contesting it.

I'd love to have him, no guarantee of success. But fills one of the Bombers voids, if it pans out.
Yeah I can definitely see why your club would want him and I don't blame you. I expect that a change of scenery will do him a lot of good and that he'll get back close to his best next year.

I just hope that we can snag someone like Stringer in the draft with the pick that we get for him as compo. He sounds like Goddard Mk 2 and will hopefully be able to play for 10+ years at a very high level (once he's closer to full fitness after his broken leg).

Hopefully it will work out well for both parties. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mark Robinson@Robbo_heraldsun
News: brendon Goddard tomorrow will sign a four-year deal to play with essendon. Full story on @superfooty shortly

Congrats Guys!!
Robbo said it?

Aaaaaahhh, sh*t.

150189_3249475734593_1097672952_n.jpg

lol hay u got a ful size pic of me lol how do u do that rofl gud wun
lets win da flag guiz

Word is that we have been reducing our offer to him substantially as the year has gone on and are effectively pushing him out the door, so it's fair to say we won't be matching any offer. In fact, we are now apparently offering not much more than half of what you guys are.

That's the opposite of what I've been told.

BJ to sign Tommorow giving St Kilda Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday to match our offer

Source: HS superfooty

im still not going to believe it until I see him situated next to Hirdy, Jobe and whoever else in a press conference wearing a Essendon polo
Will see that Tommorow or Tues or Wed depending on when St Kilda say no.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back