Retired #9: Brendon Goddard - Retires a winner - Thanks for everything BJ

Remove this Banner Ad

the article i read just said 'more midfield time'

That's all part of what Jon Ralph is going on about. Where he's getting it from I dunno.

That Goddard pic is going to be awesome fodder for others if this deal doesn't go through.

I'm saving mine up to avoid embarrassment :thumbsu:

Is there something about this process that others are finding unsatisfying?

We seem to be fighting with about 10 of our players over the terms of their contracts the signing of which is basically being delayed until we can figure out whether we have signed Goddard.

I'd just like be able to throw our weight around once. Even with free agency we are still ****** around with all of these other problems.

Seems like the system is in need of serious refining.

Having said this, it is good to see EFC leading the way in the new climate for once.

I wouldn't like to see the signing of free agents mid-season, what ever they do.

Is it written? I seem to recall McPhee promised the same carrot... can't believe I've mentioned his name twice in as many days.
You named the traitor. You must punish yourself.

Jokes

Is it written? I seem to recall McPhee promised the same carrot... can't believe I've mentioned his name twice in as many days.

Hahaha I remember watching a video on the Freo site when he signed talking about how he was going to get midfield time.

I can do it ;)

imageuploadedbytapatalk1348813961-297552-jpg.4627

The jumper..it's just fits so well. :thumbsu:

Hope I'm wrong but just cannot see it happening... can definitely see him staying at the Saints.

It would almost be too good to be a true if we did get him though.

Just watched the drawn 2010 grand final on 7mate! I want Goddard even more again now!!

That my friend, is what we call a ****tease.

Don't do it to yourself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope I'm wrong but just cannot see it happening... can definitely see him staying at the Saints.

It would almost be too good to be a true if we did get him though.

I'm in much the same boat.

I can see it happening, though.

I'm in much the same boat.

I can see it happening, though.

All signs point to yes; our form says we suck at this though....

It's almost symbolic for me now - we HAVE to get this done; the signing will mean more than just Goddard.

matching is rarely going to happen. Why would it? If an agreement could be reached, it would already. That kind of brinksmanship negotiation just wouldn't happen IMO
Yeah you're right, guess there's just 1% of doubt(scared).

Could be wrapped up by lunchtime Monday :D, knowing Waters he'll probably drag it out 3 days to piss us off.

matching is rarely going to happen. Why would it? If an agreement could be reached, it would already. That kind of brinksmanship negotiation just wouldn't happen IMO
It's not uncommon for it to happen in the NBA. Its has proved a good way of obtaining the market value and ensuring that player managers are not just talking crap and trying to drive up the contract.

But, yes I agree, not likely to apply here.

Goddard is 28 next year...4 by $800k is a mighty big chunk of our salary cap tied up...he could well help to transform the midfield...somewhat conflicted about this one...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back