AFL Player # 9: Dylan Shiel

Remove this Banner Ad

Shiel is really a story of a talented player that never really worked out at Essendon. His best year with us was probably his first year. He's seen inconsistent form, his kicking has been increasingly exposed and injuries have taken their toll.
For what its worth I thought he had a really good patch of form early this year but then as usual he got injured. What seemed like a minor injury at first he never managed to get over and barely played any games from there and none of them impactful.

He's not a bad player but he's never been worth what we gave up for him or what we've been paying him. If we lost him I don't think it would make much difference to our list.

If we could get a 1st round pick for him along with a player that's better than Snelling for some $coin you'd be crazy not to do it.
We aren't getting a first. We'd get a second at best.

If we agree to pay Gresham the required amount to trigger Band 1 compo (which would be #13), they can give us the compo they recieve (which they wouldn't have got if it wasn't for us paying) while they keep #12 - effectively swapping Shiel for Gresham (who is a more required player for them and their tilt) without having to part ways with their early pick in the draft.

Essendon gets Gresham + #13
St Kilda gets Shiel (more required) and keeps #12

Throw in 27 and/or a F2 as a sweetner like Keystone said later on if they don't budge.

No other club would be able to pay him more to trigger Band 1 and offer up a high impact player.

It'd be a win-win for both.
They won't give up that first.

They wouldn't have got it if we didn't pay extra, so why not?

And if we don't, they get Band 2 and give that to us, same outcome. But we won't give Shiel to them if they don't accept the first deal.

Gresham can then go elsewhere and Saints can have Band 2 + no Shiel + no 27/F2.
Why would they? Seriously.

This is a complete non starter. It was conjured by an idiot who was most likely drunk or high.

Because having Gresham go elsewhere for a Band 2 while not having Shiel + 27 + keeping their #12 is objectively worse for them and even you know it.
Nope.

If we up the offer they aren't giving up a first round pick. Having 12, 13 and Shiel without 31 is better than 12, 27 and 31.

Because having Gresham go elsewhere for a Band 2 while not having Shiel + 27 + keeping their #12 is objectively worse for them and even you know it.
Saints aren't getting band 2 for Gresham. 2 examples, Dan McStay (5x600) Brad Crouch (5x600-650) netted band 3 compo. Gresham will be lucky to get himself 500 a year. He's a band 4 type.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What you don't understand is that the very high compo you say they wouldn't give away is the compo they wouldn't get in the first place unless we agreed to pay more.

And we wouldn't give them Shiel + 27 unless they agreed (in regards to the hypothetic scenario) so you adding that in makes no sense.
No I understand. I just disagree. There's a difference, but your ego doesn't understand the difference

This isn't about me. Again, it wasn't me who berated him on field that was his team mate. It wasn't me who publicly mocked his soft play, that was his opponent who he squibbed against.

Did we promise him finals success? I won't pretend to know I wasn't there.

As i said. It’s a real sad vendetta you’ve got.

Just trying to help you out with the facts to pull you out from your delusion. Don't base your opinions in fantasies you've created in your head. Shiel wasn't sold a lemon, contemporaneous accounts show that.
Nah, you've just constructed a narrative in your head that fits your hatred of him and anything that dares contradicts that can't possibly be true.

You just can't handle being called out for your supremely obvious hatred of him.

won't be in full training until after Christmas
Apparently won't be in full training until after Christmas

Dylan Shiel will continue in his return from a nagging foot injury.

"He's a little bit similar to Draper in that we're pretty conservative at the moment given that it was something that was loitering. Expecting him to be back in modified training when they get back late November/early December and full training after Christmas," McPherson said.

Nah, you've just constructed a narrative in your head that fits your hatred of him and anything that dares contradicts that can't possibly be true.

You just can't handle being called out for your supremely obvious hatred of him.
Eth I've backed my posts up. Yours are just fantasy. Connors comments show Shiel was under no illusion where the list was at when he joined.

Eth I've backed my posts up. Yours are just fantasy. Connors comments show Shiel was under no illusion where the list was at when he joined.
Nah, you haven't. You look for anything that isn't perfect about him and just repeat ad nauseum.

Why don't you just admit that you hate the guy? It's plainly obvious to literally everyone here. But no, that wouldn't fit the narrative that you're smarter than everyone else. It's pathetic how you make excuses and work arounds so that you don't have to say the truth.

You're a coward. Instead of trying to be clever, which everyone can see through, why don't you own it? You're worse than Bruno, who at least admits he doesn't like various players.

Nah, you haven't. You look for anything that isn't perfect about him and just repeat ad nauseum.

Why don't you just admit that you hate the guy? It's plainly obvious to literally everyone here. But no, that wouldn't fit the narrative that you're smarter than everyone else. It's pathetic how you make excuses and work arounds so that you don't have to say the truth.

You're a coward. Instead of trying to be clever, which everyone can see through, why don't you own it? You're worse than Bruno, who at least admits he doesn't like various players.
You're just playing the man here, eth. It's no secret I don't think he's very good. As I say, it doesn't matter. I wasn't the one who changed his role. I wasn't the one who dropped him. I'm not the one reportedly exploring the idea of trading him out.

You're just playing the man here, eth. It's no secret I don't think he's very good. As I say, it doesn't matter. I wasn't the one who changed his role. I wasn't the one who dropped him. I'm not the one reportedly exploring the idea of trading him out.
Calling a spade a spade.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back