AFL Autopsy RND 9: Chewed up by the Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Bryan Cranston Reaction GIF

Brisbane were;

Too big
Too many match winners
Too fit and ran the game out
We held on undermanned but ultimately didn't have the soldiers who (imho) aren't up to it which I hope we figure out sooner rather than later

We did not lose because Nick Hind tried to spark us in the last, game was already well on its way out

Feels pretty similar to last week. First half was really good but when they turned it on we just couldn’t go with them.

Skill errors by hand and dump kicks down the line continue to make life hard for ourselves.

A fortnight ago I was feeling optimistic about Dreamtime but that seems to fading by the week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another week, another half. I don't care how good or bad the opposition is, this arsehole club needs to understand it has no right to only play 11 games a year. No one will ever worry about being behind to us at halftime ever again if we don't fix it.

Bulldogs are taking care of the scum, so there's that at least.

Someone mentioned how our spine is decimated. Doesn't help matters when your rucks take 3 marks between them. I love what Draper brings but there's still lots to be done to improve his game. His work i50 has obviously improved but he also has a tendency to try to do the impossible when it's clearly not on. Frustrating player to watch. I'd rather the less flashy guy who holds his marks.

Disappointed it blew over 40 points at the end hopefully our biggest loss for the year. Velvet Sledge was on the money with the prediction again he was only 1 point off it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back