AFL Autopsy RND 9: Chewed up by the Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Awful second half again same as last week we are miles off it fitness wise, and to make it worse we make so many unforced skill errors in transition causing us to work twice as hard to recover

Our spine is close to worst in the competition right now
Missing Ridley, Laverde and Wright in aerial contests we have no presence there at the moment. Draper and Phillips both out of form. Weideman doesnt crash packs enough. Our depth is paper thin. Lid is well and truly on for this year

Every week, there is one bad quarter that costs us. I mean a catastrophic quarter. Every week.

The turning point was Durham allowing Daniher to take that uncontested mark early in the third quarter. I don't know whether he pulled out, or just got confused, but he just stood there. That set the tone and I knew it was over as soon as this happened.

How long do we continue to play 2 ruckman that just dont do enough around the ground to warrant playing 2 if them, and then we're unable to run out games in need of extra legs?

if they were taking contested marks down the line constantly or clunking them and kicking a couple of goals a week to warrant picking 2 rucks then so be it, but when 2 rucks constantly have less marks in total than 1 of the opposition rucks and we still don't dominate clearances maybe something needs to be ******* done about it hey.

Watched Gawn and Grundy rip apart Hawks..

We don't have a ruck department. Draper might get there and Flip is a solid citizen at best. Draper is a concern.. has no idea some of the time. Very poor decision maker.

Did highlight how important Shiel is to the midfield.. wheels really fell off when he went down in the 3rd.

Nice of the AFL to get the tough run of games over quickly, now on to a Richmond finding some form.

The result shouldn’t surprise anyone, another likely Top-4 side with a growing list of injuries to our best 22 forcing us to basically go flat out from the outset to even stay in the game.

We’re a young side lacking experience with injuries to a large number of key players, playing a run of teams all looking to finish Top-4 and with less rest than their opponent. The sky isn’t falling in.

Every week, there is one bad quarter that costs us. I mean a catastrophic quarter. Every week.

The turning point was Durham allowing Daniher to take that uncontested mark early in the third quarter. I don't know whether he pulled out, or just got confused, but he just stood there. That set the tone and I knew it was over as soon as this happened.

That was Baldwin

Watched Gawn and Grundy rip apart Hawks..

We don't have a ruck department. Draper might get there and Flip is a solid citizen at best. Draper is a concern.. has no idea some of the time. Very poor decision maker.

Did highlight how important Shiel is to the midfield.. wheels really fell off when he went down in the 3rd.

Kinda starting to feel a bit of the same. Although you could say Draper and Flip aren't really working with a whole lot considering the outs we have. They're probably being let down too in some ways, it isn't easy when the oppo sharks your taps or you're having to pinch hit everywhere cos we're so depleted.

But I do sometimes think it'd be better if we got a ready made solid ruckman and had Draper as secondary to him. Because at the moment Draper likes to go Hollywood and use the extra hand to fend and then take a shank which ironic cos he'd need both hands on the ball since he was never that good of a kick anyway.

Joe Daniher can suck my balls
Crass but I agree with the sentiment

Particularly hated the goal kicking accuracy and his choice of Let it Go as his goal song

What is he saying? Brisbane is his magical ice palace where he can finally be free because EFC could only isolate him and stifle his incredible skills?

Tool

Same Same.
Decent effort in the first half but could not hold the dam wall back. That is why they are a top 4 side and we are scrapping to try and win 10 or 11 games and improve a bit on last year. We where never going to match the better sides with injuries to key players , our depth is not that good yet and some players we where hoping to be taking the next step are not on the park either.
Is what it is.
Same issues keep coming up.
Poor contested marking side.
Handball under pressure is poor.
We do not have enough endurance runners across the field (it is not fitness !!! )
We have no luck keeping two KPF on the park.
Also this is a bit of a limbo year list wise while Scott has a look at what we have. The real proof of how he will go is EOS and what decisions he makes.

Last edited:
I sat next to a guy in a Collingwood polo who spent the whole game saying, whenever anyone, me included, booed or yelled out at Daniher “well that’s racist as well, you can’t say Collingwood are racist”

And then said to me at three quarter time “well you can go on holidays in September, but I guess you’ve been able to do that for 20 years”

FMD - and SMH LOL

We've been pretty good over the 18 days
Injuries are starting to really hurt
But how did one of he worst tl teams last year get Collingwood away, geelong home, portv away, Brisbane away on 28 days that's a joke.i know the second half of season is easier but the club has been set up to fail

We have too many injuries so the result was expected. It was still hard to watch in the second half because the belief and intensity dropped off, players made silly decisions and even the ball was misbehaving for us.

samnewmanohwell.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I sat next to a guy in a Collingwood polo who spent the whole game saying, whenever anyone, me included, booed or yelled out at Daniher “well that’s racist as well, you can’t say Collingwood are racist”

And then said to me at three quarter time “well you can go on holidays in September, but I guess you’ve been able to do that for 20 years”

FMD - and SMH LOL

1 out of 2 ain’t bad, for a Collingwood supporter.

Glad someone went to the trouble, very annoying to see this live.

One of my pet hates but to be fair it is across the whole comp. Do not know why it is coached that way but it is.

One of my pet hates but to be fair it is across the whole comp. Do not know why it is coached that way but it is.
Yep shits me as well. Only player who really seems to want shepherd for us is Tippa.

Last edited:
Crass but I agree with the sentiment

Particularly hated the goal kicking accuracy and his choice of Let it Go as his goal song

What is he saying? Brisbane is his magical ice palace where he can finally be free because EFC could only isolate him and stifle his incredible skills?

Tool

Can’t cop the bloke. Laid around injured collecting mega bucks for three years then pissed off as soon as he got fit.

People pot Saad etc but he fulfilled his end of the contract and played some bloody good footy. Fair is fair.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back