AFL Player # 9: Dylan Shiel

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd say 100% of people know Adams won't be staying at Collingwood either, but Wright does it anyway.

Dodoro literally does the same thing as other list managers but people go nuts because it's Dodoro.

I disagree, they interviewed a bunch of LM and he was the only one playing mind games, it's just how he's built and it's super boring now.

The whole Gresham / pick 13 compo / Shiel deal was never going to happen and we do not rate the middle of this draft and are not looking for multiple picks in the 25 to 40 range. And no this is not a random opinion . :)

The whole Gresham / pick 13 compo / Shiel deal was never going to happen and we do not rate the middle of this draft and are not looking for multiple picks in the 25 to 40 range. And no this is not a random opinion . :)
Doesn't necessarily need to be. A second would have given us a big chance at trading up to one of the GC picks

“Shiel reported knee soreness late last week after an innocuous incident while at home with his young daughter,” the Bombers said.

Can't even navigate his way around a toddler. No wonder St Kilda changed their minds.

Has anyone else thought how good a role model taylor adams would be at essendon
geez Hobbs, Caldwell, tsatsas, perkins, Durham and Martin would all benefit sitting under his learning tree
a ruthless midfielder
i wonder in the next year or two if we should get a hodge/ Lewis type?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

geez Hobbs, Caldwell, tsatsas, perkins, Durham and Martin would all benefit sitting under his learning tree
a ruthless midfielder

Unfortunately those types are pretty rare, Adams body is pretty unreliable and he wants to go to a contender.

Mundy and Boak both would have been ones I'd have pursued for a playing / coaching role, Luke Parker as well but I get the sense he hates Essendon.

The time for Pendlebury has already passed, maybe a Mitch Duncan but again, think the time might have passed for that one.

Our list age profile is a bit awkward, Hodge and Lewis both worked because Brisbane and Melbourne at the time had come off a big down period and so had a heap of younger talent but lacked mature leadership.

We aren't quite as imbalanced in that sense, the backline is pretty OK for leadership right now with Ridley & McGrath back there. We've got Merrett in the middle already. The forwards could use some direction IMO but between Wright, Langford and Stringer there's not a lack of experience in the forward half either. It just gets very thin once you're off that list of players, maybe Redman aside.

a ruthless midfielder

Another small midfielder who got replaced by the pies for not being good enough as a leader when they made Moore captain to move away from the “Buckleys boys” ethos the club had, and was replaced by Tom Mitchell because he wasn’t good enough as a midfielder.

Now despite being locked in the 22 and a key part of their premiership side he’s asking to leave.

No thanks.

Another small midfielder who got replaced by the pies for not being good enough as a leader when they made Moore captain to move away from the “Buckleys boys” ethos the club had, and was replaced by Tom Mitchell because he wasn’t good enough as a midfielder.

Now despite being locked in the 22 and a key part of their premiership side he’s asking to leave.

No thanks.
Not a good enough leader but Vice Captain of the club?

Will be interesting to see how Dyl’s season unfolds next year. It’s an all or nothing landscape for him. He either demands a spot in our midfield or he rots in the VFL. We are ready to give our younger mids more minutes at the coalface and you chose them first if Shiel’s having varying impact on games. If he’s playing at a consistently high level then I have no problem with him keeping them out.

His only option is to play out of his skin I reckon.

Fun Raining GIF by Ryan Seslow

I’m a fan. However it just hasn’t worked if we’re being honest. A move wouldve been good for both parties. Probably will happen this time next year.
Keeping him on the list doesn’t cost us anything, so the question is whether we can get more benefit out of whatever pick St Kilda are offering.

Ultimately we’d be doing him a favour letting him go, but neither club would really view themselves as a winner

Keeping him on the list doesn’t cost us anything, so the question is whether we can get more benefit out of whatever pick St Kilda are offering.

Ultimately we’d be doing him a favour letting him go, but neither club would really view themselves as a winner
Unless he lights it up. Very stop start career once he landed with us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back