AFL Player # 9: Dylan Shiel

Remove this Banner Ad

Here’s my question... if it was all a thing, what exactly were Carlton offering that Essendon weren’t?

Pick 1?
Obviously you didnt listen to trade radio.

Barrett declared breathlessly about 7.45 "Carlton have put next years first rounder on the table, they're ready to do the deal. So Adrian Dodoro has stuffed this by only putting 2 first rounders on the table."

Push the narrative harder Damo, c'mon push it real good.

PUUUUUSH IT HARD

View attachment 576100
View attachment 576099

giphy.gif

That list on the whiteboard in the background is our rankings for players in order of preference for this upcoming draft. :sweatsmile:

Luckily for us we're picking at 34. But still a bit of a brain fade.
We don't need draft picks anymore

Exactly. It doesn’t make any sense

I could MAYBE give them a pass as it was discussed while its happening, conversation on the fly not really thinking.

But it has been the narrative by journos who werent in front of a camera, on radio the following day.
The obvious enquiry is how do the Blues get the deal done and do they trade pick 1?

I dont mind the running the narrative if that's what they want to do. But at least explore the bloody thing so you can point out the obvious ******* holes in it. Not insinuate and use it as a stick to beat one party with or create some manufactured drama.

I understand manufacturing drama in things I get it has to be done sometimes. But this is an AA midfielder changing clubs,that's your interest, dont twist it into a soap opera. The story is the player changing clubs,focus on that as the narrative.
Not backstabbing, back flips and all that other controversy.

Imagine if the draft board was a fake and we just put some guys we reckon won't make it up there just to mess with other clubs, mixed in with the genuine top guys of course.

Either that or the new rule is no selfies in the draft and trading room.

It’s like the Capulets and the Montagues, except with significantly less scurvy and polio on the Essendon side, and significantly more on the Collingwood side
Your posts are getting progressively better with age.

Happy birthday big fella ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The arrogance and belligerence of damo is almost slander. Anyone with half a brain can work out that his narrative is made up, the fact he keeps pushing the barrow just shows his true colours when it comes to how he writes or ‘chases stories’.
He is clearly a very conflicted journo and for Gill to appoint him to the head of AFL media is just an absoloute disgrace.
He will only chase stories really hard if he despises said club, I’d say there’s a few that despise him and it only gets nastier the longer it all festers. He should be held to account for all the crap he spits.

Here’s my question... if it was all a thing, what exactly were Carlton offering that Essendon weren’t?

Pick 1?

If Carlton offered #1 then you'd have to think 'Why didn't GWS take them up on it?'

The following are simply potential reasons:
  • Shiel considered their club an absolute s**t truck and going there was never an option, even if they offered him another trip to Noosa. Should've offered a trip to Palm Cove things might be different.
  • Essendon declared as part of the deal Shiel will be living with NLM.
  • GWS never thought about budging from dealing with Essendon and were professionals throughout proceedings.
  • Dodoro is just ultimately too smooth, even for SOS at the end of the day.
  • The offer of #1 was absolute 100% media driven bullshit.

Obviously you didnt listen to trade radio.

Barrett declared breathlessly about 7.45 "Carlton have put next years first rounder on the table, they're ready to do the deal. So Adrian Dodoro has stuffed this by only putting 2 first rounders on the table."
I heard this live. Barrett has always annoyed me with that smug air of his, but this 15 mins of trade radio took my feelings to a much worse place.

He was seconds short of petitioning Gillon to ban us from the 2018 draft as a result of the pain and suffering we put Shiel through.
Didn't hear him saying that about Hawthorn when the O'Meara trade went to the wire.

What a massive tool.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back