Senior 9. Patrick Cripps

Remove this Banner Ad

Problem right now is that he's doing it alone in the middle.

Leads the league in clearances, but we're last as a team. Stating the obvious, but desperately need a couple of blue-chip prospects in there to go with him. A pressing need, even more than finding a genuine key forward.

Exactly. We can't do a Judd on Cripps. Must not happen and will not happen.

Load has to be shared and others have to step in and step up.

Last year clearances were our biggest strength. Why have we dropped off so much in this area?

I'd say kruez's form would be the main deference from last year.
The stats probably don't reflect that but Kruezer has always been the type of player which stats weren't a great indicator to the impact he can be having on the ground.
Just not seeing the huge amount of repeat effort's that where still a big part of his game as recently as Nab challenge.
Is it just form ? Or is he carrying something ? Maybe a mix of both?

Last edited:

Cripps' inside work against Freo was just so far ahead of anyone else's. His ability to stand up in the pack, free the arms and find a handball option anywhere on the compass dial is sensational.

I agree that he definitely needs help in there - our midfield remains woefully undersized. One difference with the Judd comparison, though, is that Judd always had speed and did damage on the outside - it's what made him a great. He was a Ferrari that we took paddock-bashing and it ultimately broke him down. Cripps is 100% built for inside work, so there's "less" chance of us ruining him. He's a tank - complete with 360 degree swivelling handball cannon. :)

Cripps' inside work against Freo was just so far ahead of anyone else's. His ability to stand up in the pack, free the arms and find a handball option anywhere on the compass dial is sensational.

I agree that he definitely needs help in there - our midfield remains woefully undersized. One difference with the Judd comparison, though, is that Judd always had speed and did damage on the outside - it's what made him a great. He was a Ferrari that we took paddock-bashing and it ultimately broke him down. Cripps is 100% built for inside work, so there's "less" chance of us ruining him. He's a tank - complete with 360 degree swivelling handball cannon. :)

Agree with this but. ... even josh Kennedy, joel Selwood and jobe watson who are inside bulls have shown signs of wear and tear towards there late 20s.

But wait there's more .............

Cripps breaks clearances record

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2016-05-23/cripps-breaks-clearances-record

Carlton young gun Patrick Cripps has become the quickest player to reach 200 clearances since the stat was recorded in 1998.

Despite receiving more attention from opposition midfielders in 2016, the 195cm midfielder is ranked first in the league for clearances per game this season with 8.62, more than one ahead of second-placed Sydney midfielder Josh Kennedy (7.50).

What's not to :blueheart: :blueheart: :blueheart:

How's this for a stat ........... :blueheart: :blueheart: :blueheart:

In his 31st game last night, Cripps got his 200th clearance.

That makes it 5 matches quicker than anyone else since stats were 1st recorded.

The next quickest was Sam Mitchell of all people as well, followed by Tom Liberatore with 37 games. To beat Mitchells record by 5 is some effort!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How's this for a stat ........... :blueheart: :blueheart: :blueheart:

In his 31st game last night, Cripps got his 200th clearance.

That makes it 5 matches quicker than anyone else since stats were 1st recorded.

Amazing stat that one.
If he can stay relatively injury free, he could end up having some sort of career.

I was just thinking about the great man before and went onto youtube to watch some highlights. Its just bloody scary to think how good this guy could be. His midfield numbers for his age and experienced are unparalleled and his vision and handballing is already the best in the league with respect to Sam Mitchell.

I was watching Hameday and one of the panelists makes a bold prediction to Patrick that when hes 25-26 he will move to CHF and become one of the best ever CHF's can't remember who. To get that kind of praise and recognition 30 odd games into his career and freshly 21 years of age is just amazing and I cannot believe we as Carlton supporters get to call him our own.

I could talk about him all day but I think I'll just let his footy do the talking :), I look forward to the next decade of my life knowing we have Cripps to help get the boys over the line and hopefully lead to our much anticipated 17th premiership!

(seriously considering changing my username to PatrickCripps9).

(EDIT: 11 mins in it was Boomer Harvey)

It's honestly amazing how most of us think he is a bit down on form (and isn't at 100%) and yet he is still just crushing it. Just get the feeling that 2017 is going to be absolutely massive for him, granted a good run with injury.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back