Discussion A "better" jumper layout

Remove this Banner Ad

I am definitely not for this but interested to see other opinions.

Anyone like the idea of numbers on the front of jumpers?

And even names on the back?

Names on the back is an unnecessary feature. Only works well in International Rules because players aren't playing in their normal guernseys so not as easily recognisable. And also because some numbers are different too.

Quick mockup of mine using a team that has a monogram on its back and has a fairly prominent bit of its logo in the jumper...

I've integrated SMFC into the logo and frankly given it more prominence than what it gets currently. I would love to move the ISC logo down to just a manufacturer's tag near the lower hem, but I'm pretty sure removing the logo from the neck would be a financial no-no for most teams.

Very, very, very nice. Looks clean, but could easily be ruined by some massive bloody sponsor slapped on the tit.

Starts are a stupid idea, how many clubs put stars on their shirts for their trophy wins? Not many. A world cup is a completely different concept to a yearly club competition. I like the rest of the ideas, imagine 16 stars? wow it would make the guernsey look like complete ass.

Merely a suggestion, Mr. Holds a gun ready to shoot ideas down in flames.

Merely a suggestion, Mr. Holds a gun ready to shoot ideas down in flames.

No, ideas are great, my opinion just differs on yours on what is better.

Forcing clubs to have a logo on the breast is ridiculous. So if you remove that most of these ideas don't look very good, they will all end up with offset logos depending on how you choose to position it. Removing the corporate identity which is the AFL also isn't a viable option.

All logos, with the optional club logo are indeed needed on the front. If someone comes up with a better idea I will applaud them as it will be difficult.

I am definitely not for this but interested to see other opinions.

Anyone like the idea of numbers on the front of jumpers?

And even names on the back?
Names on the back? Maybe. It would be rather small though, otherwise you'd need to either move the number down or make it smaller.
Numbers on the front? No. As was said, there's already enough going on at the front.

No, ideas are great, my opinion just differs on yours on what is better.

Forcing clubs to have a logo on the breast is ridiculous. So if you remove that most of these ideas don't look very good, they will all end up with offset logos depending on how you choose to position it. Removing the corporate identity which is the AFL also isn't a viable option.

All logos, with the optional club logo are indeed needed on the front. If someone comes up with a better idea I will applaud them as it will be difficult.

Yeh, woke up in a relatively bad mood this morning with the whole torn hamstring and walking around in crutches :D. Sorry to take it out on you mate :eek:.

afllogoteamcolours.gif

Some AFL logo jiggerypokery.

i agree with mr eagle, it would be great like that, does anyone no y geelongs afl logo is a different colour
??

i agree with mr eagle, it would be great like that, does anyone no y geelongs afl logo is a different colour
??

Since the start of the 2008 season, the winner of the previous years premiership, gets to wear a gold tinted AFL logo.

Thanks for that, i guess it is a good idea, sort of like bragging rights,i think what they should do is keep it as it is and the club should be aloud if they want a different coloured logo

I like the idea, but sadly it just looks like a faded normal logo. When I first saw it 2 years ago I though ISC were having trouble printing red.

^ That was my thought too, I wasn't sure if they faded after 10 minutes of sunlight or not. :) It should be gold rather than gold-tinted if they're going to do it at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back