Abortion

Remove this Banner Ad

Not a facetious question I’m not an expert - what does chicken pox do to an unborn baby?

risk of brain damage, physical development issues, eye damage and risk of death to the mother and child

Not a facetious question I’m not an expert - what does chicken pox do to an unborn baby?

yeah ..as others have said, there’s too much risk of things going wrong.
And she was covered in it like you wouldn’t believe.
I can’t remember if she contracted the pox as a child and being both from the 70s, both of us would’ve had the school vaccine. i certainly did and copped the pox as a kid.

Point is..abortion is a very touchy subject with many folks around the world.

But when you’re a completely non religious person like i am (and my ex) it’s a medical decision.

I wouldn’t pass judgment on any woman in the world who decides to abort a pregnancy.

It’s their body and they can decide what they do with it.

Thank christ i’m a male...because the thought of having the responsibility with a pregnancy is scary s**t.

My son is 21 now and a healthy human.

But his delivery birth was the stuff of nightmares.

He and his mother nearly died.

Giving birth is no cakewalk.

Most of the time it’s pretty straightforward...but we’re lucky in australia we have A grade hospital care in the baby delivery area.

As long as it is the mother's choice and she isn't badgered into something she can or can't do..
the life terminated is not necessarily anything to be qualified or not.. it is what it is and when it is gone it
shouldn't reflect on the mother or father as such circumstances define...

I have my own personal reasons for saying all this and it is actually none of your business but if you would like
to inquire further then I don't mind. Ha.. now there is a dichotomy of ideas..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jesus do people really wait that long to make the decision? :oops:

Surely that would be harmful for the mother as well
well you would think that it is a half way point but what is it 24 weeks or something that it is considered a point at which the baby/foetus
is viable.. still remains the point that the choice is not anyone's but the mother's.. and yes it can be probably dangerous for the mother if
various other things can go wrong as well.

Gestational cut-off points vary from state to state. The Australian Capital Territory has no cut off. Others are set at 14 weeks (the Northern Territory), 16 weeks (Tasmania), 22 weeks (Queensland and the bill currently under debate in New South Wales), and 24 weeks (Victoria).

Around the world, Canada has no cut off, while Ireland’s is set at 12 weeks. The bill set to be debated in New Zealand has a gestational limit of 20 weeks.

Around 1-3% of abortions in Australia occur after 20 weeks. About half are performed because of foetal abnormality. The other half are for a number of reasons: women who don’t menstruate regularly (because they are young, perimenopausal or on contraceptives, for example) miss early symptoms of pregnancy; abusive partners prevent women from accessing abortion services at an earlier date; relationships break down; socioeconomic circumstances change.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back