Oppo Camp Adam Treloar (Traded to Bulldogs 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Dave we really do deserve every bit we cop tbh, what do you expect? It's a big story Treloar playing first game against us.

I have absolutely no sympathy for how Collingwood is treated, It will eventually pass but we deserve every bit.

Just how Badly the Club Treat Treloar and there Fans like us.

The AFL made sure we played the Dogs in RD 1 as they know that = Viewers on TV

Might have had one if when we were going into forward 50 he didn’t do one of this bombs on the run almost straight to McGovern

(There was another play not long after this where another Pies favourite possible cost us a flag w a rookie mistake)

We might not even made the Grand Final with not getting Treloar as well

I like the way we were honest w Phillips - told him straight up 12 months earlier what our intentions were - pity we couldn’t have snagged a first rounder from Cats

Club clearly were trying to squeeze a high pick out of trading Treloar (and Stevo) but creating a false narrative - with the way it turned out, honesty would have been so much better. Brutal, but better.

Blame Phillips for that as he Refused the Trade to Geelong.

Getting the High Draft Pick for those 2 turned into a Epic Fail

We might not even made the Grand Final with not getting Treloar as well
True - almost guaranteed

But if he went to Tigers doesn’t mean he would have had a flag - it would have changed the entire caused and effect chain

True - almost guaranteed

But if he went to Tigers doesn’t mean he would have had a flag - it would have changed the entire caused and effect chain

That is True as we don't know what effect of that would Have on Both Sides.

Guess could even say we might won a Flag without Treloar IF we made some Good Moves

No - I really liked Ads, esp in first couple years. Wish they had told him straight up it was cap issues and he was the one they would choose to cut loose.
That doesn’t mean I can’t reflect on what happened in a game or post it in thread replying to a hypothetical
The worst day I have ever experienced at the footy.

True - almost guaranteed

Might of had 4

Yep - made me hate footy for 18months

That’s what’s so great about having all those new draftees come in - really changes your perspective

and when we lose you don't feel quite as bad

Yep - made me hate footy for 18months

That’s what’s so great about having all those new draftees come in - really changes your perspective
Went into the city early on grand final day and had breakfast with my brother. Got my eggs and bacon and they were stone cold. Began to get worried.
Left and hit the pub with the boys and had a great time. Things were looking up.
Rolled into the ground higher than Joe Cocker.
Went to get a beer just before quarter time, five goals up.
Got back to my seat and all our worst nightmares unfolded in agonising predictablity.
Tried to hit the pub after the game to drown the sorrow but had the worst attack of heartburn ever, thought I was having a heart attack.
Woke up the next morning and realised god really does hate us. Worst thing is there is nothing we can do. Stop buying a membership or going to the footy, and sure as hell we win.

No other club supporters have any idea what true misery is.

Getting back to Treloar. I absolutely hate he is in Bulldogs colours.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Once he did his double hammy he lost his burst and became an inefficient accumulator, I dont think we will get too hurt by this trade in the long run unlike the Stephenson one. We did treat him very poorly though.

By end of the Trade Period I got around to why we wanted to Trade Treloar but same I could not for Stephenson.

Trelor had not a Great last 2 Seasons and had Injury Issues over those 2 seasons

Went into the city early on grand final day and had breakfast with my brother. Got my eggs and bacon and they were stone cold. Began to get worried.
Left and hit the pub with the boys and had a great time. Things were looking up.
Rolled into the ground higher than Joe Cocker.
Went to get a beer just before quarter time, five goals up.
Got back to my seat and all our worst nightmares unfolded in agonising predictablity.
Tried to hit the pub after the game to drown the sorrow but had the worst attack of heartburn ever, thought I was having a heart attack.
Woke up the next morning and realised god really does hate us. Worst thing is there is nothing we can do. Stop buying a membership or going to the footy, and sure as hell we win.

No other club supporters have any idea what true misery is.

Getting back to Treloar. I absolutely hate he is in Bulldogs colours.
Hopefully our next shot isn’t too far away, JMac

I like the way we were honest w Phillips - told him straight up 12 months earlier what our intentions were - pity we couldn’t have snagged a first rounder from Cats

Club clearly were trying to squeeze a high pick out of trading Treloar (and Stevo) but creating a false narrative - with the way it turned out, honesty would have been so much better. Brutal, but better.
We did similar with Treloar, trying to trade him to Gold Coast the year prior. But he elected to baulk, after initially suggesting that if it worked for the club, he'd move, is my understanding.

This Kimmy story is flogging a dead horse. Old News

It will be like the Cloke round 1 game for Dogs against Pies. Treloar will have little impact but will be hailed as the reason dogs win

It will be like the Cloke round 1 game for Dogs against Pies. Treloar will have little impact but will be hailed as the reason dogs win
Geez Treloar has been downgraded in the off season. He is an A grade or near A grade mid and is a serious talent. He could easily hurt us a lot.

How would "being honest" have gotten us a better trade?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back