Oppo Camp Adam Treloar (Traded to Bulldogs 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon tonight we’ve seen why it was disappointing that we got rid of him and why we decided that it was him that needed to go once it was obvious that we needed to move players on to fix the salary cap.

He does quality things and has damaging patches and does improve your team but he isn’t the player to go and take responsibility for an opposition player doing damage the way Oliver did tonight with the Bont and he isn’t the guy who’ll do it for longer periods to win you the match, his disposals just aren’t damaging enough, like Petracca.

I reckon tonight we’ve seen why it was disappointing that we got rid of him and why we decided that it was him that needed to go once it was obvious that we needed to move players on to fix the salary cap.

He does quality things and has damaging patches and does improve your team but he isn’t the player to go and take responsibility for an opposition player doing damage the way Oliver did tonight with the Bont and he isn’t the guy who’ll do it for longer periods to win you the match, his disposals just aren’t damaging enough, like Petracca.

In fairness, Petracca is probably the best player in the comp right now. Treloar played a good game… let’s not try to justify his trade because of tonight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In fairness, Petracca is probably the best player in the comp right now. Treloar played a good game… let’s not try to justify his trade because of tonight.
I wasn’t justifying his trade. The fact is that trade shouldn’t have happened and it did because the salary got stuffed which is probably why there’s been so much off field change at the club.

I was basically pointing out that the game tonight had on full display the fact that yes he is quality but at the end of he is a good attacking player without actually being a match winner, because with the exception of about 5 minutes in the second quarter his disposals aren’t particularly damaging. He’s also not the best defensively, nor is he the guy to take it upon himself to go to someone when the opposition gets momentum. Tonight I just felt this game highlighted both his strengths and weaknesses and I think for me I got tonight why the club having gotten itself into the position it did with the salary cap identified Adam as candidate to move on. I sort of got it on an abstract level but tonight I actually sore it.

He played very well.
Can hold his head high.

However, he got closer to the flag with us than he did with them.

He still has 4 years to get one but such a demoralising loss can leave huge scars for clubs...they could easily fall away pretty quickly after that

Imagine trying to justify the trade using a 27 possession, three goal game as your example.

Nobody is trying to justify the trade. The reasons the trade needed to happen are well worn territory and mostly not his fault. But he was the most dispensible and tradeable 600k player we had on the list.

We saw both sides of the human contradiction that is Adam Treloar yesterday. He played well and also disappeared defensively when the heat came on. Its apparent why he was elected to be chopped instead of somebody else .

Nobody is trying to justify the trade. The reasons the trade needed to happen are well worn territory and mostly not his fault. But he was the most dispensible and tradeable 600k player we had on the list.

We saw both sides of the human contradiction that is Adam Treloar yesterday. He played well and also disappeared defensively when the heat came on. Its apparent why he was elected to be chopped instead of somebody else .
We saw Petracca and Oliver dominate a game. Nothing to with Treloar’s defensive work.

This is like trying to argue logic with a MAGA-****, not worth your time dude.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back