Oppo Camp Adam Treloar (Traded to Bulldogs 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

But what does he do with them

His disposal efficiency is in the 70s so is fine. It was awful in the first few rounds of the season though.

He seems to do this every season. Completely butchers it early on in the season, then after 3 or 4 weeks he gets his eye in and he's fine after that. Problem is that by that stage, he's already seen as a poor disposer and it's a hard tag to shake. Most weeks, his ball use is fine.

Ads is an absolute gun. He's genuinely one of the best midfielders in then league and should be a shoe in for AA this year. He would have been last year too if he didn't get injured.

His disposal efficiency is in the 70s so is fine. It was awful in the first few rounds of the season though.

He seems to do this every season. Completely butchers it early on in the season, then after 3 or 4 weeks he gets his eye in and he's fine after that. Problem is that by that stage, he's already seen as a poor disposer and it's a hard tag to shake. Most weeks, his ball use is fine.

Ads is an absolute gun. He's genuinely one of the best midfielders in then league and should be a shoe in for AA this year. He would have been last year too if he didn't get injured.
He's a star and one of the best midfielders around, but I do find his decision making really frustrating at times. So often in dangerous spots in a pack he is just too desperate to keep the ball moving, blind taps and blind handballs that put us under the pump. Then there's the complete tunnel vision when the goals are in sight.

Dont know for sure; but I feel like he is playing more of an inside role in the absence of Adams and Sier. His clearance numbers for the last month suggest that, not his contested numbers though.... and that may explain his untidyness with the ball.
In my view the best footy I have seen him play was pre-hammy last year. At that stage Pendlebury Adams and Sidebottom were all playing inside mid and Treloar was getting a lot of outside ball, he actually was a competent kick with time and space! The Brisbane game this year was another example of him being on the outside more.
I think we're lucky to have a bloke who can genuinely play in and outside, win his own ball, run longer than most of his opponents, and hit the scoreboard.
He'd be in the discussion for AA, though in would have Pendlebury ahead of him personally.

Many. Not saying they don't deserve to count as possessions because they are hard fought but the chance of error even if you are hot is low when you are handballing to someone standing right next you or running past.

Would like to know what percentage of kicks hit their target.

Jackcass posted how to see kicking efficiency the other day, because I was asking about it with Treloar in mind. I thought I'd check it out later, but have no idea where the post or site is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IMO he generally plays as an inside mid which means he distributes his disposals under pressure. He's not Pendles but 70% DE is reasonable and the volume of disposals is elite. I don't see much to complain about..

IMO he generally plays as an inside mid which means he distributes his disposals under pressure. He's not Pendles but 70% DE is reasonable and the volume of disposals is elite. I don't see much to complain about..
He's a star, but he does still have some issues in his game and areas where he can improve. It's actually a good thing, because he'll still get better.

His kicking efficiency was 17.6% on Friday night.

Wow, averaging 34 disposals a game at 70% DE and he's still frustrating. Some thing doesn't add up...

24.5 disposals hit the target per game.

Without bothering to check the maths, that's not quite right. It's 24.5 disposals that don't directly result in a turnover or clanger.

That is :straining:ucking amazing.:oops:

Not sure how much of that was conditions related but a lot of players seemed to be down on the night. Well the Collingwood players anyway.

A combination of conditions and congestion. Sydney wanted and got a pitched battle and wouldn't allow us to create space or time. All posesions were hard earned and executed under pressure

Adams' absence matters when judging Treloar's game. At present, Treloar is doing Adams' job, which is not where he does his best work, but someone has to do it. Seir is a candidate, but he is a different type of player, and not in the side yet anyway. Wills is not being played in this position, although extraction was his strength. I see his poor kicking efficiency at present as a function of his role. Adams is better at it.

When Adams returns, Treloar will be able to resume using his burst pace to be a playmaker. At that point, we might resume discussion of his tendency to go for the long running goal or snap when there are other choices he could make that might be more likely to ensure a score. To me, this is the weakness in his game, not poor disposal efficiency when half the field is sitting on him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back