Adelaide Barbarians??

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
COACH Brenton Sanderson is taking the shackles off the Crows and loading them up as the AFL's battering ram.
A year after one of their own dubbed them "altar boys", Sanderson wants his bulked-up players to be known as "barbarians". "We play a barbaric style of footy. It is bruising and it stands up," he said on ABC radio ahead of tomorrow's sold-out battle with powerhouse Collingwood at AAMI Stadium
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...-into-barbarians/story-e6frecoc-1226366175566

There was a lot of talk of boxing, wrestling and an overall harder more physical approach to our training this year. Along with that came talk of us being a tougher side.

At the time many of us may have had a thought that this was all talk from a new club, awaiting for some results.

Well we can't deny the results. And it is fair to say we are one of the most brutal sides in the comp right now. Great stuff.

I am just waiting for a DVD from Sando on all these tough acts:rolleyes:, wait no he does need to make one. We can all see them every week and the results they generate.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...-into-barbarians/story-e6frecoc-1226366175566

There was a lot of talk of boxing, wrestling and an overall harder more physical approach to our training this year. Along with that came talk of us being a tougher side.

At the time many of us may have had a thought that this was all talk from a new club, awaiting for some results.

Well we can't deny the results. And it is fair to say we are one of the most brutal sides in the comp right now. Great stuff.

I am just waiting for a DVD from Sando on all these tough acts:rolleyes:, wait no he does need to make one. We can all see them every week and the results they generate.
Clearly we had a totally different preseason. And as you said it shows.

Finally we are back to where we should be.

Happy days.

OT:I notice in the roast we are already checking out sites for our new admin near AO. Got the jump on them again. :thumbsu:

He does the "Sando's plays of the week" on the AFC site which almost always end up being good tackles or bumps or tough plays. compile them and you'll have your DVD! It's great seeing the lads play with a little fire in the belly.

Rooch wrote an article some time ago about how by 2025, after the current facility has reached its usefull life, we will be based near Adelaide Oval.

I believe the plan always was to have our training facility and offices located near Adelaide Oval.

One of the sites I have thought could be used is the Uni Oval. Have that as an open ground, and train behind closed doors at Adelaide Oval. We already train there occasionaly and have a shed with stuff in it there.

Sanderson: Hao! Dai ye! We won again! This is good, but what is best in life?
Sloane: The open steppe, fleet horse, falcons at your wrist, and the wind in your hair.
Sanderson: Wrong! Dangerfield! What is best in life?
Dangerfield: To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.
Sanderson: That is good! That is good.

Sanderson: Hao! Dai ye! We won again! This is good, but what is best in life?
Sloane: The open steppe, fleet horse, falcons at your wrist, and the wind in your hair.
Sanderson: Wrong! Dangerfield! What is best in life?
Dangerfield: To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.
Sanderson: That is good! That is good.

Very good :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

New Number 1 ticket holder
conan-the-barbarian-arnold-schwarzenegger-movie-image.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back